• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Seems I may have hired myself out of a job...

drewga11

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
66   0
Reaction score
I was a "production supervisor" for a roofing company. The owner, who I worked directly under, kept promising me a promotion and salary as soon as we could find someone to take over the role I was in. Months go by unable to find a suitable replacement for that position so I could move up.

I finally find and recommend someone from ODT. By all accounts, he is doing a great job. And now I don't seem to have a job because my boss, the owner of the company, can't figure out anything for me to do now.

I know he works 7 days/week and as much as 15hrs/day, but he is unwilling to pass off any of his work to me to lighten his load. So he is paying me a 55k/yr salary to basically do nothing. I know this is not going to last very long if he can't figure out any thing to have me do.

I like the company and the salary is more than I have ever made, but it's looking more and more like I need to look for other options.

I was hoping to make it a career as I'm not particularly fond of bouncing around to dead end job after dead end job.

If anyone is looking for or knows someone who is looking for a reliable person who wants to work, I need to find something before I get laid off from this company. I don't have any particular skill set that I would consider myself anywhere near an expert, but I can learn to do almost anything. Would need to be decent pay and/or possibility of getting to decent pay.

dude is unwilling to help you keep a job after you helped put him into a job? WTF.
Not sure which dude you are referring to. If the one I "hired", it's got nothing to do with him. Not enough roofs to have us both do the same job, and as someone I consider a friend, I'm not looking to put him out of a job or take money out of his pocket. This is 100% on the owner who promised me a promotion, but never bothered to figure out what that promotion entailed.

I can't say I'm uninterested. I do need to stay somewhat in my area, due to my dogs and my gf being gone for work all the time. I cant be working 12+ hr shifts with an hour plus commute.
As far as commuting it could be an a ride just depending on where the job is but we normally work 10’s at most. Not saying that some times it’s 8 hour days and some are 12. Just depends on what’s happening.

Back
Top Bottom