• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Serious question for the sports fans

Not to derail the thread but I've also been curious as to how people can so closely identify with a professional sports team they can act irrationally and dangerously when "their" team loses or wins a championship. Very curious. I think it has to have something to do with a void in the fans' lives.

Sports are the idol of this country. It really is sad to think how many grown men sit around and spew stats of teams/players but cant/wont invest in their own family, career or community. They live vicariously through overpaid, over sensationalized athletes who run their mouth about off the field topics theyre totally ignorant about. And whatever they say is GOLD! It really blows my mind. Rant over now that Ive insulted half this forum.

Sports are the idol of this country. It really is sad to think how many grown men sit around and spew stats of teams/players but cant/wont invest in their own family, career or community. They live vicariously through overpaid, over sensationalized athletes who run their mouth about off the field topics theyre totally ignorant about. And whatever they say is GOLD! It really blows my mind. Rant over now that Ive insulted half this forum.
LOL! Now point out that Trump has done one thing, one single extra constitutional thing and you'll piss off the other half! LOL!

Outstinking standing post by the way.

i love sports. love em. but i dont idolize the players. i see them as a form of entertainment. nothing more nothing less. they are not overpaid. they have a skill set that 99.9% of people do not possess and there is a lucrative market for their services.

I'm not offended. That is the way I see professional sports fans. Sports are different when you are not getting paid to play.

Back
Top Bottom