• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sharing the road with bicyclists

dick.png

I agree with much of that. I will never support more government involvement in pretty much anything and there isn't much someone can say to convince me we need more taxes.

But I still feel this is apples and oranges. Yes, right to travel freely. Not right to interfere with others right to travel in their chosen method. That's almost like depriving me of electricity because the guy further up the circuit doesn't like artificial lights. Electricity isn't a true right, and I don't truly need it to survive. But that's still bonkers. (since we're doing apples to oranges)

We share the road with cyclists that means they share the road with cars and trucks. Which, to me, translates to get out of everyone else's way. I would feel similarly of someone in a regular car that refuses to go faster than 10mph. It's a hazard 95% of the time and few would argue against that.

Gotcha. Then let’s get rid of fire trucks, ambulances, and police cars…they hold up traffic and interfere with your “right to travel in your chosen method” (I mean, that seems a stretch to the right to travel argument holding your vehicle above others, but I’ll allow it). Also school buses…god I hate when they stop every few blocks on a two lane road! Garbage trucks? Don’t get me started! And crossing guards…holding up their dumb little pseudo stop sign and their silly authoritarian hi-viz traffic vests on…let those kids take their chances in the wild dammit. Cull the herd!

Gotcha. Then let’s get rid of fire trucks, ambulances, and police cars…they hold up traffic and interfere with your “right to travel in your chosen method” (I mean, that seems a stretch to the right to travel argument holding your vehicle above others, but I’ll allow it). Also school buses…god I hate when they stop every few blocks on a two lane road! Garbage trucks? Don’t get me started! And crossing guards…holding up their dumb little pseudo stop sign and their silly authoritarian hi-viz traffic vests on…let those kids take their chances in the wild dammit. Cull the herd!

That's..... not the discussion we're having..... This is like arguing with a woman.

How do public and safety services that you and I both benefit from equate to a fella who got a DUI and has to ride his bike to work or a Lance Armstrong wanna-be causing a traffic hazard?

This isn't even apples and oranges now. It's apples and cephalopods

I joke around more than anyone on here but when you have a rattlesnake thrown at you & then go over the handlebars, that was fun. Was on way to a busboy job in the 70’s my 1st day at west ga. college in front of the president’s house. hard to forget & hate water moccasins even more 🚲

I only rode on the streets for a couple years in Dallas Texas during the 80’s before I switched to mountain bikes and off road. I only rode on four lane roads from midnight to 6am to avoid being a nuisance or traffic in general. Still had some a$$hole in a GMC try running me off the road. He came back with his buddies in the bed dragging a pine tree and wrecked me. Almost killed me and there was no one on the road but the two of us at 2am.

That's..... not the discussion we're having..... This is like arguing with a woman.

How do public and safety services that you and I both benefit from equate to a fella who got a DUI and has to ride his bike to work or a Lance Armstrong wanna-be causing a traffic hazard?

This isn't even apples and oranges now. It's apples and cephalopods

I was only arguing like a woman because I thought I was addressing an HOA type Karen who feels others should be made to behave the way she sees fit. It’s hard arguing with “anti’s” about anything. They just don’t understand that others have rights too…not just them.

I mean, when I’m arguing with a woman who is anti 2A I’ll bring up abortion…even though it’s apples and oranges, the “my body, my choice” argument still resonates. “I choose a gun to protect mine and you choose a doctor with a vacuum cleaner to protect yours”.

Back
Top Bottom