• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sharing the road with bicyclists

Okay.
I'm gonna type this v e r y s l o w l y...
The 2nd Amendment is the declaration of a human Right.
Using the public roads is a "privilege", not a Right.
Thus the apples and oranges.
I never said cyclists were a menace to society, you did.
I said they should obey the same laws we do.

Thanks for doing that s l o w l y. I appreciate you implying I’m a dumbass. Ad hominem attacks in an argument are usually the first sign your logic has failed.

If you read what I wrote, and I can only assume that you did not, because I clearly stated “I just want someone to make an argument against legal bicycling (there are already plenty of laws on the books for them to follow traffic laws)”

That literally takes the case of the “unlawfully” acting bicyclist out of the equation.

not much more annoying than coming up behind a gaggle of narrow assed, bean sprout eating, punkin spice latte drinking, Biden loving, funny helmet wearing, idiots on bicycles holding traffic up.
OIP.nORv33dk8exT0at-Gtr-gQHaD4

Truthfully, to me this isn't a legal issue. I feel it can be argued as one. But that apparently gets launched into left-field.

So here is the sum of it.

If you ride a bicycle on a roadway that causes you to impede traffic on said roadway, you're a self-absorbed ass. And I view you as I would the fully able-bodied turds that park in handicapped spots and the physically capable douches that leave their shopping carts in parking spaces.

That will polarize plenty but at least it's clear-cut.

I was only arguing like a woman because I thought I was addressing an HOA type Karen who feels others should be made to behave the way she sees fit. It’s hard arguing with “anti’s” about anything. They just don’t understand that others have rights too…not just them.

I mean, when I’m arguing with a woman who is anti 2A I’ll bring up abortion…even though it’s apples and oranges, the “my body, my choice” argument still resonates. “I choose a gun to protect mine and you choose a doctor with a vacuum cleaner to protect yours”.

I'm not anti-bike

I'm pro-getoutofmyway

Isn't everybody? :fencing:

There's no law that says I can't fart in an elevator. It's my right to flatulate. Doesn't not make me a menace to the bystanders, though. :rip:

Sharing the road with bicyclists law is BS.

Let me be clear I do not mind a kid or an adult riding around on a bicycle in the neighborhood or on a trail designated for bicycles. I don’t even mind semi pro bicyclists who are on a race or competition where the roadways are temporarily marked for vehicles to know a race is present.

It’s these semi pro assholes that get on the open roads taking up 3/4 of a lane on double yellow lines using 45-55mph roadways, always riding during sundown conditions, heavy traffic, or windy backroads.

A young girl hit and killed a bicyclists a while back in my area… as well as an elderly man who did the same in similar spot… I have nearly hit bicyclists on more then one occasion and I PAY ATTENTION when I drive.

We as vehicle drivers should not have to share the open road with semi pro bicyclists unless some kind of minimum standards are applied and local police/GSP endorse/enforce them.

⚫️ GA Bicycle endorsement w/ 90 hours of bicycle safety class specific to roads.

⚫️ 24 month license renewal of license with additional 8hr refresher class

⚫️ Register their bikes with the state of Georgia and have paperwork on them.

⚫️ Pay tax and mount a required reflective bike tag specific to their county on their property.

⚫️ Have liability, property, and medical insurance through someone like Geico or Statefarm

⚫️ A term life insurance policy

⚫️ Minimum of 1k inches of orange/yellow reflective vest or clothing to be visible to traffic

⚫️ Helmet approved by GDOT
That's nearly 7 square feet of orange/yellow vest, lol

Cry me a river. They wanna ride on the road made for multi-ton vehicles travelling at posted speeds then cry and complain about the drivers being unsafe.
The Senoia bike trail goes right past my back driveway. Those punk bitches throw their empty energy gel packs and wrappers onto my property
When I hear about one being taken out by a car I feel 0 sympathy for their dumb asses. Like bull riders, sometimes their stupid ass gets the horn and it's 100% their fault.

That's..... not the discussion we're having..... This is like arguing with a woman.

How do public and safety services that you and I both benefit from equate to a fella who got a DUI and has to ride his bike to work or a Lance Armstrong wanna-be causing a traffic hazard?

This isn't even apples and oranges now. It's apples and cephalopods
30 years ago a lawyer asked me if there is anything I said or did online that’s going to help lose my case. Odd 1st question I thought but later realized it was the standard.
One of the stupidest things I ever heard on here besides some openly racist innuendos “Only guys that cycle to work do it only cause they got a dui “About as stupid as saying let’s ban all motorcyclist cause after all suicide is against the law. I ride also but rarely see one obeying the speed limit. Public record threats to mow down a group, using a car door or telling a passenger to knock cyclist over. When they catch up to you at a light let’s see how these fat inbred keyboard warriors run

Attachments

• IMG_2101.png
    IMG_2101.png
    485.7 KB · Views: 5
Back
Top Bottom