• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Shooting at Stoddard's Atlanta

So maybe a gun range in the city isn't such a great idea after all. I got this email notice today....

Member Update: Atlanta Operations
Temporarily Suspended

On January 30, 2016 at approximately 9:30am there was a single-shooter involved shooting at our Atlanta Stoddard's Range and Guns location. The incident was isolated and no members of the Stoddard's staff were involved.

This is a terrible tragedy. The Stoddard's team is deeply saddened by this event. As a result of this incident, we have suspended operations at the Atlanta range so that Atlanta Police may complete their investigation. We are cooperating fully with the Atlanta police.

Our prayers are with the families impacted by this incident. We will let our patrons know when we return to full operation later today.

I'm pretty sure most ranges have a policy that a shooter cannot rent a gun if they're solo or unless they already have a pistol in their possession.

Either this wasn't a rental or they broke the policy.

I know there's been two folks that have popped themselves in the head at Ga Firing Line. Why can't they go in the woods or something?

On a side note regarding the wsbtv link that was posted by jove - is it a guarantee that if you name a kid Quantavious that they're gonna end up being a thug?

"Police arrested DeMarco Lawson, 21, along with Quantavious Williams, 19".

Probably not a guarantee.

I know there's been two folks that have popped themselves in the head at Ga Firing Line. Why can't they go in the woods or something?

On a side note regarding the wsbtv link that was posted by jove - is it a guarantee that if you name a kid Quantavious that they're gonna end up being a thug?

"Police arrested DeMarco Lawson, 21, along with Quantavious Williams, 19".
Why can't they go in the woods or something? For the same reason they check into a hotel to commit suicide. A doctor I worked with was being hounded for years by the IRS. I guess he'd had enough and knew he could ever pay it off. He checked into a nice hotel and committed suicide. The hotel cleans the rooms daily...

Just a friendly reminder folks that everyone has their breaking point. There are really no exceptions to this as I have witnessed it first hand many times. My Dad in WWII watched some really great guys shoot themselves for a wide variety of reasons ranging from their wives leaving them to just being plain homesick and, of course, fright. It is still happening today in very large numbers throughout our military and law enforcement as well often after "retirement".

I've lost two close friends and two uncles to suicide. A good detective friend of mine mentioned that people often chose gun ranges primarily for convenience and not to garner any attention whatsoever. Hotels selected to spare their families the pain of finding them (unfortunately the the hotel workers are not spared this horror). A new neighbor on my street shot himself in his bathtub and purposely wanted his wife the find his bloody body in the tub. She had bugged him for more, more, more "stuff" and he stole about a $100K from his employer trying to keep up with the millionaires in St. Marlo He killed himself the day he was fired primarily to secure the life insurance that would have expired at midnight. Be kind with your comments. Karma is a bitch.

Back
Top Bottom