• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Shooting at Stoddard's Atlanta

Agreed, that person had other options. Seems to me there might have been other motives, I don't mean ' hey look at me' but more of a action of seeking attention, or I need help.

My pastor offed himself in front of his wife. Great man, just the disease got the better of him. Not a "hey look at me". The brain, once shorted out, is hard to live with. But just like ClassicBlue said, can't they just do it in the woods...

Couldn't tell ya the last time I tried renting a gun.. I just buy'm when I want to try them. But could've sworn I've seen this type of rule somewhere.

As for that policy goes ... I can name two that apparently should institute such a rule... Stoddards and Ga Firing Line :tape:

On a side note regarding the wsbtv link that was posted by jove - is it a guarantee that if you name a kid Quantavious that they're gonna end up being a thug?

"Police arrested DeMarco Lawson, 21, along with Quantavious Williams, 19".
It's not a guarantee, but I'm willing to bet that the chances are WAY better than average.

It's not a guarantee, but I'm willing to bet that the chances are WAY better than average.

Kinda like if you name a kid Ted he's most likely going to end up a serial killer or a "Unabomber". Or like if you name a kid Tim he's going to end up being "The Face of Terror"? Gimme a break.

Just a friendly reminder folks that everyone has their breaking point. There are really no exceptions to this as I have witnessed it first hand many times. My Dad in WWII watched some really great guys shoot themselves for a wide variety of reasons ranging from their wives leaving them to just being plain homesick and, of course, fright. It is still happening today in very large numbers throughout our military and law enforcement as well often after "retirement".

I've lost two close friends and two uncles to suicide. A good detective friend of mine mentioned that people often chose gun ranges primarily for convenience and not to garner any attention whatsoever. Hotels selected to spare their families the pain of finding them (unfortunately the the hotel workers are not spared this horror). A new neighbor on my street shot himself in his bathtub and purposely wanted his wife the find his bloody body in the tub. She had bugged him for more, more, more "stuff" and he stole about a $100K from his employer trying to keep up with the millionaires in St. Marlo He killed himself the day he was fired primarily to secure the life insurance that would have expired at midnight. Be kind with your comments. Karma is a *****.

I'm almost 100% certain life insurance policies do not pay out on suicides. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe I am.

Back
Top Bottom