• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shot placement in a self defense situation.

Did you really ask this question? If you are at the point that you are shooting someone to save your/someone's life you are not going to stop in the middle of the event and ask yourself "will I get in trouble for shooting him in the head"? You shoot to stop the threat, end of story. If one or more shots is to the head then so be it, you are now alive and you can answer the questions later. And I thought I was the blonde.

You're right. I'm not going to stop and think about legal repercussions during a gun fight. But I'm not in a gun fight right now and it never hurts to know what would happen. Hair color has nothing to do with it. But going by your "logic" of one should not think about consequences until after doing something IS a dumb blonde thing to do.

Did you really ask this question? If you are at the point that you are shooting someone to save your/someone's life you are not going to stop in the middle of the event and ask yourself "will I get in trouble for shooting him in the head"? You shoot to stop the threat, end of story. If one or more shots is to the head then so be it, you are now alive and you can answer the questions later. And I thought I was the blonde.

kinda with this one....im not thinking in that moment about what could happen later....im reacting and hopefully training takes over and saves my life or someone else's who is in imminent threat of harm

Upper chest is better IMO than center mass. More nervous system to disrupt there. From between the pectorals to the neck.

In real life, however you might just have to shoot until you hit "Something". That is better than not shooting while trying to get a clear view of the center of mass. Put a round in "Something" on his body to get things going your way.

I believe that it generally takes 5.56 or better to destroy the "pelvic girdle region" to ensure they drop.

Im pretty sure my ccw's which are all 357 magnum or 38spl loaded with hard cast would ruin that pelvis. Actually I would bet my life on it, because if I pull thats where a couple are going.

Back
Top Bottom