• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shotguns still suck for Self Defense.

I could not disagree more. Shotguns, within their natural limitations are fine defensive weapons.

I pose this rhetorical question - if a shotgun fully loaded with 5-7 quality shells can't get you through any likely defensive shooting scenario where a long gun is appropriate, is anything short of an Infantry Fire Team going to be enough ?!?....

With that said. If I had to choose between an 18" barrel length repeating shotgun, or a 16" barrel length semi auto rifle. I would choose the rifle such as an AR15 Carbine every time.

Regards,

Rob

tAhGL.gif

dumbest thread of the year on this board.

LOL...Let's not mince words or anything.
I'm pretty sure the individual, yet again, is the main factor here. I wouldn't wish to face Jerry Miculek while he's holding a shotgun...Or anything else, for that matter, no matter what I'm holding.

Stick with john wick (the 1st one). Wait, this is about shotguns, not movies...ummm...i will take a Tacticool shotgun over john wick 2
Reeves can actually shred it pretty well with the real thing and the gunfight after the assassination in the movie is obviously supposed to highlight and simulate Three Gun match type action. If you haven't seen it, watch it. If you have, watch it again. The speed at which his attackers come magically and very conveniently slow way down when he starts using the shotgun. If they hadn't they would have had to end the movie right then with the death of John Wick. I can't think of a better readily available example of the limitations of a shotgun.

Back
Top Bottom