• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shots over 21' are a felony?

The last and only time I bought from AO a big guy carrying a IMI desert eagle in a floppy nylon wanna be military holster adamantly told me j could not purchase a .45 for 550$ and I needed to just buy the sp2022 he had in 9mm for 399.99 since 9mm is the best round for sd. He also told me if I shot someone with something bigger it'd be murder cause that's intent

I have yet to talk to an AO employee that could tell the difference between his head and his ass

A few years ago my wife and I were involved in an altercation with a neighbor while we were living in Commonwealth of Virginia. The neighbor from hell was renting the house next to us and had been involved in several altercations with other neighbors. One morning while we were in our driveway and the NFH began to curse and threaten me and my wife. We were about 25-30 feet from her when the verbal assault started. She thought that we had called animal control concerning her dog that was left tied up on a leash. All of this happened in front of her 5 year old daughter.... The NFH called us every name you could think of so I called the police, they arrived listened to both sides and issued her a summons to appear in court. A few days later, I received a subpoena taped to my front door. She appeared in court without an attorney and was advised by the judge that she could serve a year in jail if found guilty and he gave her an opportunity to reschedule after she had an opportunity to seek legal advice. She refused and was found guilty of a felony but it was reduced to a misdemeanor and she was fined $400 + court costs. The judge also advised her to move. She appealed to the Circuit Court. During the appeal hearing, she had an attorney and he questioned me how close she was to me during the altercation. I said app. 25 feet. Her attorney challenged the court with 3 previous rulings that there was no imminent danger because his client was greater than 21 feet from us during the altercation. The judge reprimanded her for her behavior, told her that she should seek counseling but dismissed charges because of the 21 foot ruling. Her landlord evicted her a short time later and the problem was resolved...

I have yet to talk to an AO employee that could tell the difference between his head and his ass

fc05.deviantart.net_fs70_f_2010_021_b_0_IMMA_FIRIN_MA_LAZER_by_ToaJahli.jpg

A few years ago my wife and I were involved in an altercation with a neighbor while we were living in Commonwealth of Virginia. The neighbor from hell was renting the house next to us and had been involved in several altercations with other neighbors. One morning while we were in our driveway and the NFH began to curse and threaten me and my wife. We were about 25-30 feet from her when the verbal assault started. She thought that we had called animal control concerning her dog that was left tied up on a leash. All of this happened in front of her 5 year old daughter.... The NFH called us every name you could think of so I called the police, they arrived listened to both sides and issued her a summons to appear in court. A few days later, I received a subpoena taped to my front door. She appeared in court without an attorney and was advised by the judge that she could serve a year in jail if found guilty and he gave her an opportunity to reschedule after she had an opportunity to seek legal advice. She refused and was found guilty of a felony but it was reduced to a misdemeanor and she was fined $400 + court costs. The judge also advised her to move. She appealed to the Circuit Court. During the appeal hearing, she had an attorney and he questioned me how close she was to me during the altercation. I said app. 25 feet. Her attorney challenged the court with 3 previous rulings that there was no imminent danger because his client was greater than 21 feet from us during the altercation. The judge reprimanded her for her behavior, told her that she should seek counseling but dismissed charges because of the 21 foot ruling. Her landlord evicted her a short time later and the problem was resolved...

So there is some sort of 21ft bs? Anyone got a link to this law?

I searched and only found references to the 21 foot rule as a policy but not as a law.... I remember the defense attorney reciting 3 instances that led to her charges being dismissed.

Last edited:
Over heard LGS employee state this weekend that if you shot someone at a distance of over 21 feet, that it is a felony. His logic was that at that distance your life is not in danger and they could be trying to get away. That just seems stupid. Any validity to his statement?

Nope.

(If you are in fear for your life-or anyone else's, no matter what distance-I would say you are on pretty solid ground.)

Just check this out. Tex rocks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom