• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SHTF Currency Question

anything you cannot replace you would be foolish to trade off. for instance it would be better to grow tobbacco every year than to try to store a bunch of cigerettes etc. i store stuff for my family/groups use only. if someone needs something outside of our group we will see if we can spare it and if we cant well sorry. a pile of 90% silver coins or the latest high quality blue jeans will not do you a bit of good if you are starving just like everyone else around you. you can only store so much food before you have to find a replacement source for it. at that point we who are prepared will have the upper hand but only until our supplies run out... then we are all in the same boat.

US silver coins are best because they are readily identifiable and they are available in small denominations. In a real SHTF situation, it will be GUNS, GOLD and FOOD. Of course silver subs for gold and the means to produce food subs for food.
After the dust settles, it’s likely that a skill like primitive blacksmithing, woodworking or basic health care, etc. would be of even greater value. Advice: Read and practice, acquire and store...
Don’t advertise your strategy or your stash.

US silver coins are best because they are readily identifiable and they are available in small denominations. In a real SHTF situation, it will be GUNS, GOLD and FOOD. Of course silver subs for gold and the means to produce food subs for food.
After the dust settles, it’s likely that a skill like primitive blacksmithing, woodworking or basic health care, etc. would be of even greater value. Advice: Read and practice, acquire and store...
Don’t advertise your strategy or your stash.

i agree with most of what you said but disagree on gold. food water and guns but more important is ammo.... fuel would follow after that.

anything you cannot replace you would be foolish to trade off. for instance it would be better to grow tobbacco every year than to try to store a bunch of cigerettes etc. i store stuff for my family/groups use only. if someone needs something outside of our group we will see if we can spare it and if we cant well sorry. a pile of 90% silver coins or the latest high quality blue jeans will not do you a bit of good if you are starving just like everyone else around you. you can only store so much food before you have to find a replacement source for it. at that point we who are prepared will have the upper hand but only until our supplies run out... then we are all in the same boat.

This^^^^^ True prepping is in production...Books on gardening, seeds, chickens, livestock, hatching fish. You must produce to last in SHTF

And? You want to finish that? All through time it has been that way.

if its meant in the sense that you will use your guns to take from others than yes, "dies by the sword".
anyone attempts to take by force from others immediately becomes the enemy and shall be treated as such.

Back
Top Bottom