• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SHTF preparedness

19 Kilo has started a petition for a new survivalist forum, seems like you might be interested in it. It's in the general discussion forum, just post a reply in the petition thread. If it gets 50 replies I'll make the new forum.

I should have added zombies to the list..... As far as being ready, I don't know if one is ever fully prepared but I believe I'm well on my way..... Let's open this up a bit.....smarter to consolidate calibers it to range out? Stock pile ammo or canned food?

I know a lot of big money guys that are cashing out of the market and cashing in on the guns and ammo. One of my friends came from Venezuela and went through the first economic collapse, he moved here right before the second.
According to him (first had knowledge) if you have bullets and something to use them you got it all. You can barter for anything you want and protect yourself and others if need be. I now say "Go buy your Gold and Silver, I'll stick with lead, copper and brass."

As far as calibers go I'll always stick to what our military use, it will always be around and I'll be able to get my hands on it if I need it. My favorite pistol is a 1911, but you can bet I stock 9MM and not too many 45ACP.

9MM, 223/5.56, 308 you can't go wrong no matter what you think about these calibers.

Last edited:
According to him (first had knowledge) if you have bullets and something to use them you got it all. You can barter for anything you want and protect yourself and others if need be. I know say "Go buy your Gold and Silver, I'll stick with lead, copper and brass."

Or both.

Might sound stupid, but a few thousand .22lr will get you down the road a ways as far as barter and putting something in the pot to eat. Now as far as the tactical situations, I will stick with the 5.56, 12 ga., and 9mm / .45 type of rounds.

yeah ...its funny because everyone thinks if they have 20 guns they are in good standing ...

all i have is

Mossberg 500
custom long range 308 rig (built off a Mauser action )
lightweight savage 223 with a 6-24 power scope ( for general purpose stuff)
and of course a good little Remington 597 .22
and then i will soon be getting some type of polymer 9mm

i have nearly a thousand rounds of each caliber
i mean what good is a gun if you cant feed it ...

i am on a 12 acre wedge in the middle of no where
and we raise chickens and rabbits for food
we have about 6 aces of able-to-plant land
and a pond stocked with fish
the entire 12 acres is fenced in once with barbed wire and then again with electrified cattle fence

so if the proverbial s*** does ever hits the hypothetical fan ...you real nice folks i have talked with and traded with on here can come down here and help set up a compound lol

Back
Top Bottom