• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sig Carry? Safe or Dangerous?

Misterk42

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
208   0
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I’m sure you all have heard of the 320 scares and as someone who Carries appendix, i’d like to have more peace of mind.
What are you personal opinions on the safety of the Sig P320 line.
Please share you opinion/stories/examples if you have any.
I have reached out to a good number of people and got their opinions but I am all ears to the public. Thanks ODT

Attachments

• 8261D0D6-BA4F-4E37-8EB0-271A12405CF1.jpeg
    8261D0D6-BA4F-4E37-8EB0-271A12405CF1.jpeg
    167.7 KB · Views: 27
Hello everyone, I’m sure you all have heard of the 320 scares and as someone who Carries appendix, i’d like to have more peace of mind.
I have reached out to a good number of people and got their opinions but I am all ears to the public. Thanks ODT

My understanding is the flat trigger, factory SIG's were never an issue. I have several and carried a few of the X-carry versions for several years and ain't been shot yet. (I don't appendix carry by choice.)

Unless some one slams you on your head, hard enough to make the gun come out and strike the ground. I think you are good, and even then you had like a one in a bizillion chance of a problem. They did a recall (even though it was never reproduced in a controlled setting) that would fix any problem that may or may not have been an issue anyway.

Thing is at the end of the day it always boils down to this. You always have to exercise safety, discipline and professionalism. Because no matter the reason. You have an accidental discharge, the first person they're going to look at is you. Those are just the facts. If for any reason what so ever, you're not 100% confident with your firearm. You might need to consider a different route. Just sayin

I've carried a P320 Carry Pro for three years IWB at the 3 to 4 o'clock position in a Kydex holster. Always one in the chamber. Never had a problem. Keep your booger-hooker of the trigger and you'll be fine. I'm not saying I've dropped the holster twice; but if you do, you'll probably be okay.

Back
Top Bottom