• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sig Carry? Safe or Dangerous?

Are we still not talking about P320/M17/M18 grip frames snapping in half below the trigger guard? That is an issue that the military has been experiencing, but it's not only the military that has experienced this issue.

I’m an Armorer for the P320, and I’ll admit that I do not like it.

Had to send a brand new one back to SIG for repairs recently. We showed a customer how the FCU is removed, and reinstalled. Simple process. When it went back in the frame, the pistol wouldn’t properly assemble.

Long story short, I finally tapped out, got an RMA from SIG, and sent it back to them. They replaced numerous parts in the brand new P320 FCU, and sent it back.

As long as there are other, non-smoky options, I will neither choose nor recommend the P320. It doesn’t do anything that a myriad of other guns don’t do, without the serious questions attached to it.

I do not have a dog in this fight. I give 2 ****s what folks that aren't working with me, or fighting alongside me, are carrying. Folks ask my opinion, I'll give it. Folks have asked my opinion on the P320 at the shop, I've given it, and steered them to a gun that is oftentimes less expensive (that means we made less $ on it).

I don't work on commission, and I don't have ties at any of the handgun companies that would make me lean towards a particular brand. We make quite a bit more money off selling a new P320 than we do selling a new Gen 5 G19, but I'll push the Glock over the SIG at the shop all day long.

Are we still not talking about P320/M17/M18 grip frames snapping in half below the trigger guard? That is an issue that the military has been experiencing, but it's not only the military that has experienced this issue.

Not as dramatic as a gun going off on it's own.

Is there a frame size that seems to be the problem?

I like Glock as a good all round gun. I think they are what all pistols are measured against. Some pistols are better some are worse.

Only problem is they do not have a natural “point” for me, I have to adjust my vertical aim every time. With practice I can adjust very quickly, but I have to adjust, and in a gun fight that may very well be life or death.

Sig “points” for me.
I have a 320, but I prefer a 226, or even a Rex Zero(most accurate I own, but will reserve judgment about dependability).
I trust striker fired (dragged kicking and screaming. LOL), if I know it has not been tampered with. Like I said before, any striker fired gun can be made unsafe in about 30 secs of crappy work.

Back
Top Bottom