• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sigh... I'm about to lose my man card

I drive an '08 EX-L Accord. V6 and gets 20mpg in traffic. Definitely Not a sports car but it does the job getting me to and from work comfortably and reliably. The V6 is enough power to not worry about pulling out in front of someone, but I ain't taking it to the drag strip any time soon.

Have to second what BamaFan said, mine is a "97, bought by us in 99. Been paid for nearly forever, great gas mileage, comfortable on the road, my ownership cost per mile is heading towards 0. Also own an F-350 when I need to do heavy lifting but the little Honda has become my go to transportation.

Honda best auto ever owned. wife been driving them since 86 two accords, 2 CRVs and now a pilot. I kept the 99 CRV for knock around car.all wheel drive 28 + MPG. Has 250,000 miles change oil every 3500 . Going try put another250,000 on it. Son in-law had 5 speed civic with 200,000 when he got new accord it was getting 30MPG.

Anyone DD'ing a Honda Accord right now? What year/engine size and what kind of gas mileage are you getting?

I've been driving Honda Accords since 1989. The cars continue to improve in performance and appearance. You can't go wrong with a Honda, and you don't need to buy the top of the line to get a good ride and solid build. The LX, 4 cyl. will give you many miles of driving pleasure.

Something to consider,,,will buying a gas saver really save you enough money for it be cost effective?

Example:
2006 Ford 150 weekly gas bill = $100 - yrly gas bill = $5200
2001 Honda gas saver gas bill = $52 - yrly gas bill = $2704
total savings just on gas yrly = $2496

cost of used gas saver $3000
extra yearly cost of insurance for gas saver = $400
extra costs of service, maintenance and tires, misc of gas saver = $1100

$3000
$1100
$ 400
-----------
$ 4500 added costs

How long will it take you to actually SAVE money buy buying a gas saver?

If I went through this same scenario years ago when I commuted over an hour each way. To me, I would rather be comfortable and spend a little extra on gas.

Something to consider,,,will buying a gas saver really save you enough money for it be cost effective?

Example:
2006 Ford 150 weekly gas bill = $100 - yrly gas bill = $5200
2001 Honda gas saver gas bill = $52 - yrly gas bill = $2704
total savings just on gas yrly = $2496

cost of used gas saver $3000
extra yearly cost of insurance for gas saver = $400
extra costs of service, maintenance and tires, misc of gas saver = $1100

$3000
$1100
$ 400
-----------
$ 4500 added costs

How long will it take you to actually SAVE money buy buying a gas saver?

If I went through this same scenario years ago when I commuted over an hour each way. To me, I would rather be comfortable and spend a little extra on gas.

while this is true you also have to consider the money returned when/if you sell the spare car and the money saved by less wear and tear on the primary vehicle.

Back
Top Bottom