• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sign at Cobb County Gov't Bldg

9/10 of the officers at the check stations are super nice. I must say out of the court houses I have to go to I prefer cobb other than the crappy parking on the square. Oh and DO NOT jay walk they will give you a ticket in a heartbeat for it.

I'll second that. I left my pocket knife in my pocket accidentally and they held it for me. TSA would have jacked me up and taken it.

No LEO bashing here! Just amused by the specificity of the rifle icon.

Cobb is nice, especially the new Courthouse. I like it. However, they do make you remove shoes, jacket, and belt to go through their line.......they shouldn't do that to a fat boy. When I take off my belt it looks like I took my Indiana jones whip out of its holster and started looking for caverns with trees to jump.

This sign has both an image of an AR rifle and a Glock handgun as among the things that are banned from the courthouse.
But under Code section 16-11-127, it's not "firearms" that are banned.
It's "weapons" and "long guns."

Now some AR-pattern rifles are long guns, as defined by Georgia law. (16-11-125.1). So they're clearly banned from the courthouse.

Others are not, because their barrels are below 18 inches in length.
So for those 16" to 17.9" barreled carbines... is it legal to have them in a government building? A courthouse?
The legislature left a big loophole in this law.

Cobb is nice, especially the new Courthouse. I like it. However, they do make you remove shoes, jacket, and belt to go through their line.......they shouldn't do that to a fat boy. When I take off my belt it looks like I took my Indiana jones whip out of its holster and started looking for caverns with trees to jump.
They make me take my belt off in Paulding. I feel your pain man
They do that to lawyers too?

This sign has both an image of an AR rifle and a Glock handgun as among the things that are banned from the courthouse.
But under Code section 16-11-127, it's not "firearms" that are banned.
It's "weapons" and "long guns."

Now some AR-pattern rifles are long guns, as defined by Georgia law. (16-11-125.1). So they're clearly banned from the courthouse.

Others are not, because their barrels are below 18 inches in length.
So for those 16" to 17.9" barreled carbines... is it legal to have them in a government building? A courthouse?
The legislature left a big loophole in this law.

Im going to tell them this while they tase me

Back
Top Bottom