• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Silly car dealer games....

One dealer is Jeff Smith in Byron (baby), I hate that ****ing commercial. The other is Riverside. My dad runs parts for them all over Georgia but that's no reason to buy there. They just happen to have a very nice new Lariat I like.
Riverside Ford ain't what it used to be in the 80s and 90s. But it's a hell of a lot better than dealing with Jeff. I worked for his outfit in 2012. They bragged about him startin in the floor as a salesman. But what they didn't tell me was that he started out with Five Star at their original sweat shop lot in Riverside Drive. So he does business just like they do which is the worst of the worst. I still don't see how Five Star is still in business and continues to sell so many cars every month.

Riverside Ford ain't what it used to be in the 80s and 90s. But it's a hell of a lot better than dealing with Jeff. I worked for his outfit in 2012. They bragged about him startin in the floor as a salesman. But what they didn't tell me was that he started out with Five Star at their original sweat shop lot in Riverside Drive. So he does business just like they do which is the worst of the worst. I still don't see how Five Star is still in business and continues to sell so many cars every month.
Is Jeff Smith's 10 yr/100K mile drive train warranty rubbish? I never even considered 5 Star Group, they have a horrible social media profile.

If your a Costco member buy your vehicle through them. It’s a no brainer the dealer they put you in contact with will sale you at invoice (not msrp). Plus incentives, promo, and a Costco gift card and Best of all NO BS from the sales people.

I may have bought my last new vehicle. I go in loaded for bear and normally mad by the time I get to the table. Never fails they knock my head off. I'd rather save money and bypass the games and buy from an individual. I hate a four square, running back and forth, Joe Verde tactics and fees and such.

I always go by one dealership,and get the salesman card, and write on back price I want to pay with driveout wrote under it,and leave it on the console so they will see it when they test driving my trade in.it actually works.

Is Jeff Smith's 10 yr/100K mile drive train warranty rubbish? I never even considered 5 Star Group, they have a horrible social media profile.
As far as I can remember that Jeff Smith warranty is full of disqualifying loopholes that only benefit Jeff. Like how you have to let them and only them service the vehicle for the duration of the warranty. And if there's anyone at a new lot that will screw you at least as bad as the finance man it's the service manager.

Why does the salesman have to walk all the way across the showroom to tell the 'sales manager' I want a White/Gold paint on the truck I'm buying. He's got a phone on his desk
I just dealt with Akins Ford in Winder a few weeks ago. Best truck buying experience I've ever had. There's a reason people come from all over the country to buy from them.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I was in the same boat last year. I shopped around, knew the prices and ended up buying my lariat from a dealer in Spartanburg, SC. I negotiated everything on the phone, they gave me an outstanding offer for my trade and stayed beyond closing for me to get there. Got into the finance guy and pulled out a pile of cash he was a bit disappointed. He tried to get me to keep my cash and I refused, he said but “you’re getting 0% interst, so keep your cash.” I refused and asked why he wanted me to finance more and he said the dealer makes incentive money from the amount they finance through Ford credit. We proceeded with my down payment and much to my surprise I learned in South Carolina they cannot charge exuberant dealer fees like they can in Georgia. He gave me some story about a dealership that was sued over dealer fees and their state legislator set a maximum that can be charged, something like $200 sticks in my mind.
Also learned that they cannot sell GAP insurance to if there is equity in the vehicle at driveout. With my trade and down payment I had equity, he wasn’t happy about that either.
Overall I was in and out of the dealership within 45 minutes. But the trick is to have all your homework done first and know what the deal is worth.
Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom