• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Silly car dealer games....

Curious to know why one dealer acts like it's a big deal to have the little knob on the dash for changing gears/direction vs. mounted on the steering column (which I prefer) or on the console (which I do not prefer). Also, is Navigation that big a deal? Aren't we dumb enough already? I need someone to tell me where to turn? That's Margaret's job. And sunroof/moon roof? Really? Why? I think I've opened mine in 10 years on the Explorer and that's only because I was 'gassing' my passengers one evening after eating Mexican for lunch.

Curious to know why one dealer acts like it's a big deal to have the little knob on the dash for changing gears/direction vs. mounted on the steering column (which I prefer) or on the console (which I do not prefer). Also, is Navigation that big a deal? Aren't we dumb enough already? I need someone to tell me where to turn? That's Margaret's job. And sunroof/moon roof? Really? Why? I think I've opened mine in 10 years on the Explorer and that's only because I was 'gassing' my passengers one evening after eating Mexican for lunch.

Nav option is like $4K...and a lot of times is less user friendly than what I have on my phone...

I just flew to Richmond VA to take delivery of a car I bought online. I have done this before, and not had any problems. This time I get to the dealership and the first thing I notice are what appear to be new scratches on the passenger side rear door. I point them out to my sales person and he says he'll ask the sales manager. He comes back and says the car was priced with those in mind. I said they were not in the photos I received of the car and I would not have paid what I did for it had they been disclosed. In fact, the car was detailed and just below these scratches are finer lines that would have come out with a good waxing. Something happened in the two weeks I waited to get the car. We are now trying to work out the issue, I just want some cash back.
The first thing my son asked me when we got the car home was, "what happened to the door", we had both gone over the photos with a fine tooth comb and these were not there. Hopefully the BMW dealer will make it right.

Back
Top Bottom