• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Silly car dealer games....

I really miss the days when you could pick out a model then sit down with the salesman and option book to get exactly what you wanted. No effin packages to buy to get one item.
Nash Chevrolet in Lawrenceville had a guy that was great to work with. He'd go through the options line by line asking if you wanted it. If yes, he'd add the cost to the base as he went along. At the end, he'd add dealer profit and give you a total price you couldn't beat anywhere around Atlanta. On weekends, he had customers sitting in chairs queued up waiting for him. Think I bought three cars from him before he retired.

Good luck!
My wife's car was bought with a TEMA form (Toyota employee pricing, no dealer markups, no doc fees, no delivery charges, no prep fees, etc). Dealer was pissed that they did not make any money on it!

If anyone wants good service without games buying a used vehicle, I strongly suggest avoiding ALM.
All sales people are 100% commission and they put so many of them on the floor they are all waiting with their hand on the phone trying to get an appointment. Phone never rings more than once there. Guys there needing to pay their bills and haven't made a cent in 1-2 weeks.

The internet makes it easy to make an informed decision. Last one I bought, I told the salesman I was a cash buyer and was willing to pay the advertised price. NOT THE ADDED FEES. He went straight to the manager. Manager shot me some figures and said he had to reflect that dealer fee in the final price. I took my phones calculator, entered the ad price+tax×200 doc fee+100 tag and title and said that figure was allowing bout 250 for paperwork cause I know you have employees to pay. Drove it home. But there have been times when I did not drive it home. Point being, with so much info at your finger tips, you should have a figure in mind before talking to a salesperson. Had one told me to come on in and let's talk about it. Anybody can beat my price by a dollar. I left that M Fer standing there in the cold. Course we all know not to fall for the 100 dollar over invoice trick. They created the game, nobody trust a car salesman even though there are a few honest ones.

Well, no deal at Riverside. I saved $46,500 today! We were only $3k apart. I'm kind of liking the 'looking' part. I must be a little sadistic that way.

It's almost as much fun as negotiating for a rifle at the gun show only to say "no" when we're only $25 apart on a $1,500 rifle. LOL!

Well, no deal at Riverside. I saved $46,500 today! We were only $3k apart. I'm kind of liking the 'looking' part. I must be a little sadistic that way.

It's almost as much fun as negotiating for a rifle at the gun show only to say "no" when we're only $25 apart on a $1,500 rifle. LOL!

I wouldn't deal with RF if they paid me to buy from them.

Back
Top Bottom