• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Silly car dealer games....

I need to take some of you guys that love the process with me the next time I buy a vehicle. I freakin' *HATE* playing the game with the typical salesmen and their managers. By the time the process is over, what should be an exciting and fun time getting a new car, I'm so pissed off, it's not enjoyable.

I have always been good at buying cars. Back in 96 my wife totaled her Camry and wanted a Accord. Carey Paul Honda did the bait and switch in finance office and I got up and said lets go. My wife was like wtf. Had 4 guys in suits chase us to truck. They came around. But last 2 new cars I bought I know I paid too much. Did my research and made my offer. Both were shaking my hand before I could finish. So ya I paid too much.
It's all about lessons learned. First one I bought I got screwed by the tire and ding 'insurance' extras. Second one I did ok. Third, scum bag twerp finance guy at Carriage Nissan screwed me hard on the rate. I was in too big a hurry and didn't have my bank pre approved offer beforehand. #4 and 5 I got good deals and walked away smiling. Took all dadgum day, but I'm in sales too. I can name the technique as they're doing it.

I need to take some of you guys that love the process with me the next time I buy a vehicle. I freakin' *HATE* playing the game with the typical salesmen and their managers. By the time the process is over, what should be an exciting and fun time getting a new car, I'm so pissed off, it's not enjoyable.

Once you learn how...it is quite enjoyable. The dealer has to make money to stay in business and that's ok. Just not gonna make a killin' on my sale.

I'm ready for most of these dealerships to close. You just go to Ford/Chevy/Toyota .com. And order one for a low price. No extended warranty, no paint protection etc. The whole game back and forth is mega waste. You ask sales people whats the different in LE or XLE and most of the time they don't know.

I have bought my last few cars the week between Christmas and New Years and found they are much more eager to deal.
I did a deal on Christmas Eve one year. I've never seen a salesman and sales manager as hungry as those 2 were. Their dealership was supposed to close at 6pm that evening. We walked out with a helluva deal about 8:30 that night. Everyone else had gone home hours earlier.

Funny thing was, we were in no hurry to buy and were prepared to walk at 5:30 that evening when the deal wasn't looking too good....

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom