• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sky Guns International- Anyone heard of them?

We machine our barrels from Mossberg blanks for 1 in 9 twist and Wilson Arms for 1 in 7 twist.

Welcome to the show SGI, nice to see you guys on the ODT. Have you been able to get parts to ship units lately? I have directd a few guys your way, I hope they make out ok. I know it has been a bit crazy of late.
Any way welcome to the ODT and keep up the great work.

We machine our barrels from Mossberg blanks for 1 in 9 twist and Wilson Arms for 1 in 7 twist.
Welcome to the ODT Jay. Glad to see you made your way over to this great site.
For anyone that has a question or concern about Sky Guns I cannot speak enough about how customer friendly they are. One particular case in mind the owner Jay went well beyond what was expected on an ffl transfer. My transferred firearm had a little rattle. Wasn't even a firearm I purchased from him but he took time to make sure it was right before we did the transfer. Did me a huge solid with no potential gain for himself. Jay wants to take care of fellow gun owners I'm certain of it! prices are great and he knows his firearms. Quality and affordability.

Our concentration right now is getting lower receivers out, as this will be the part mainly affected by a ban. We currently have a 7700 unit backlog and it looks like we will start shipping the completed lowers the end of next week hopefully. For uppers our main concern is barrels, we had 347 30ft blanks diverted from us to a larger manufacturer. Our vendor is reporting that it will take them 120 business days to deliver the product we paid for and expected to have delivered 2 weeks ago. We are currently trying to source additional barrel material.

One man show who farms everything out. Myself and a friend both paid for "pre-orders" with latest delivery dates of mid-March 2013.
After many emails and excuses of delivery being pushed out 3 different times and a "SUPRISE!!" $40 additional fee demand because he couldn't get recievers he originally thought he could buy to complete the rifles. He demanded an even longer wait time (now 70 days already) or a 15% restocking fee on something he never even had procurred yet.
We both had to call Credit Card Company to contest charges. Just terrible when people go to these lengths to rip someone off. We will see what happens there.

He is a rip-off and a con artist.
RUN, don't walk away from any "deals" he puts out there.

Welcome to the show SGI, nice to see you guys on the ODT. Have you been able to get parts to ship units lately? I have directd a few guys your way, I hope they make out ok. I know it has been a bit crazy of late.
Any way welcome to the ODT and keep up the great work.

Please,
Buyer beware. Jay has even taken down his phone number because of the amount of shenanigans he has pulled on buyers.
Go to his website and click on "Contact" button......email only. WARNING WILL ROBINSON, WARNING!!!

Our concentration right now is getting lower receivers out, as this will be the part mainly affected by a ban. We currently have a 7700 unit backlog and it looks like we will start shipping the completed lowers the end of next week hopefully. For uppers our main concern is barrels, we had 347 30ft blanks diverted from us to a larger manufacturer. Our vendor is reporting that it will take them 120 business days to deliver the product we paid for and expected to have delivered 2 weeks ago. We are currently trying to source additional barrel material.

These rifles are still not delivered (April 12, 2013) and he is now demanding another $40 on top of original price. STAY AWAY!

I hate hearing this kind of report. I know one of the guys who works/worked for them and he has always been a standup guy. I won't make excuses for them and it sounds like they have lot to answer for. I hope they chime in and try to make it right for everyone involved. To the guys I encouraged to give them a shot, I am sorry you had any trouble.

Interesting post. Those who have done business with us in the past know better. We opened a total of 1200 pre paid production slots in early February due to demand, of these slots 500 were offered to the general public. Of these 1200 slots we have delivered 1174 completed upper receivers. We admit to being behind on the production of lower receivers, due to the fact we are not receiving the necessary raw material on the schedule it was promised. We offered our customers the option of using another product at an additional cost of $40 to speed up the process. Since we began retail sales in June of 2012, we have been a licensed manufacturer since 2006, we have delivered over 9000 rifles. Believe me, I do understand peoples frustration more than anybody, we paid for barrel blanks in November for delivery in December that we have been told we will now have to wait 120 business days for. Those who know us and have done business with us know we stand behind what we say and what we produce. In the first week of December 2012 we had a 7700 unit backlog which has been completely filled, in February, due to demand we took on more because people asked us to. We could have easily skyrocketed our prices, but we did not, instead we hold true our principles to not take advantage of people during this surge in sales. I do not think anyone can go out and by an AR platform rifle for under $700 from another manufacturer and receive the product faster. Sure, we could sell the same rifle for $900 plus and deliver the product faster, but that is just not the way we do business. Being somewhat new to retail, perhaps we are naïve.

Back
Top Bottom