• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sky Guns International- Anyone heard of them?

We have been blasted on the web by "stealrain". This is interesting because only one person has asked for a refund, and nearly all the orders from the February orders have been filled. We are shipping out the last 8 uppers of this production run as fast as we can, also all but 15 people have received their completed lowers, and half of those are awaiting paperwork from the receiving FFL's. The comment has also been made that we oversold, that is not correct, we opened 500 slots to the general public, we also have our core business as a manufacturer. We have obligations to our stocking dealers as well as LE and Federal contracts to fill which is our primary business, when raw materials are available over our required production schedule, this is when we open orders to the general public.

We have been blasted on the web by "stealrain". This is interesting because only one person has asked for a refund, and nearly all the orders from the February orders have been filled. We are shipping out the last 8 uppers of this production run as fast as we can, also all but 15 people have received their completed lowers, and half of those are awaiting paperwork from the receiving FFL's. The comment has also been made that we oversold, that is not correct, we opened 500 slots to the general public, we also have our core business as a manufacturer. We have obligations to our stocking dealers as well as LE and Federal contracts to fill which is our primary business, when raw materials are available over our required production schedule, this is when we open orders to the general public.

Can you provide any details on who your stocking dealers are or what LE and federal contracts you are fulfilling? I ask only because we don't know much about your company outside of some complaints voiced here. One in particular that was troubling was an upper with a severe extraction issue and was also assembled on a rifle upper receiver with an M4 barrel extension. If I recall, that upper was eventually repaired after a couple of trips back to the factory, but it didn't exactly inspire confidence in Sky Guns. I don't have a dog in this fight, but stories like these are especially troublesome in the midst of a panic. There are a lot of uneducated buyers in the market today that can be easily persuaded by words like milspec and "government contract". People have been scrambling for parts, irregardless of the quality of said parts. I'm sure it's been difficult for you guys to keep up as well. However, buyers want to know who they are dealing with and that you will stand behind your product as well as honor your commitments. Crap happens, everybody knows it. It's how a manufacturer deals with it that really determines their reputation. Personally, I'd be pretty ticked if I paid for an upper or gun in advance and was later asked to pony up more funds. You have explained the "why" and it is what it is. People will have to determine for themselves whether they are satisfied with that explanation or not. Please understand, I have no axe to grind here. But I do think potential buyers like those here on ODT would appreciate some additional information on Sky Guns so that they can make informed decisions when selecting their next vendor.

Sincerely

Mtdawg169

Last edited:
We currently supply the DOJ, DEA, DOS, TSA, US Forestry Service, GBI, numerous local Law Enforcement Agencies, numerous private security contractors ( in fact, this is our core business, I began building and refurbishing AK style rifles in my tent in Baghdad for private security contractors, we transitioned to AR platform rifles a few years back when these people were directed no more AK's) and are wrapping up a contract to supply a foreign military on behalf of a federal agency. Our current production run and possibly one more to follow will be the last with any retail production available for the foreseeable future. Stocking dealers will not be named as the market our weapons as their own at a different pricing structure. As for the folks slamming us about their "order", of the 500 retail slots, 498 orders have been filled, out of these 500 slots we had 1 cancellation at time of order because we could not give them a 100% guaranteed delivery date and 1 refund request because they purchased a rifle elsewhere.

There were some that bashed this guy..I bought one of his rifles back in November and have had zero issues with it. I think jay the owner caught a bad deal on the panic frenzy with guys giving money as preorders..some of those same guys are the ones that bash AO because thy haven't received preorders from them either..people this is why I do not preorder in a frenzy.. If you wait like the rest of us smart people them you wont be upset and out money for something that isn't in our hands.

Back
Top Bottom