• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sleep paralysis

redwood87

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
35   0
Reaction score
Ever wake up and can't move, speak and feel like something heavy is sitting on you?
Possibly followed by lucid dreaming or what some may call out of body experiences...

Discuss.

I think that's sleepwalking. What I'm referring to is waking up where you went to sleep only to find yourself immobilized.

It can also occur at the onset of falling asleep. From my understanding when you are falling asleep or waking up your body is immobilized in order to keep you from acting out what you're doing in your dreams.

I've had a number of experiences where I'd take a nap and "wake up" only to realize I was dreaming. It's an eye opening experience.

When I was very young I had this happen a few times.

I can remember waking up from a bad dream and trying to call for my mom but nothing
would come out. It would last maybe 10 - 20 seconds but felt like a life time.

I could not move my body,but I could look around it was like I was paralized from fear..

If I remember correctly,I experienced a few episodes of this all in the frame of about 1 month
and then never again.

When I was very young I had this happen a few times.

I can remember waking up from a bad dream and trying to call for my mom but nothing
would come out. It would last maybe 10 - 20 seconds but felt like a life time.

I could not move my body,but I could look around it was like I was paralized from fear..

If I remember correctly,I experienced a few episodes of this all in the frame of about 1 month
and then never again.

I understand, I've felt frightened before when I didn't understand what was going on. The general consensus on the subject is that as you drift off into sleep or back into the waking world it's possible to be "mentally awake" while physically asleep.

Back
Top Bottom