• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sleep paralysis

I'm leaning more towards the idea that sleep naturally sets the stage for rhythmic or controlled breathing. I don't practice meditation often but the times I have I sometimes find myself lowering the rate in which I take breaths in order to further my meditative state.

ive had the sleep paralysis on occassion for years.....my head trauma actually led me to be the first succesful ear transplant in burlington vermont medical on top of everything else.....
...it's a damn scary feeling...when i'd snap out of it i was known to throw myself up out of the bed....i once dislocated a shoulder....one time even thrust my fist between the rungs of the headboard and out the wall on the other side.....

like i said...scary stuff.......it always made me think of that Metallica piece

ive had the sleep paralysis on occassion for years.....my head trauma actually led me to be the first succesful ear transplant in burlington vermont medical on top of everything else.....
...it's a damn scary feeling...when i'd snap out of it i was known to throw myself up out of the bed....i once dislocated a shoulder....one time even thrust my fist between the rungs of the headboard and out the wall on the other side.....

like i said...scary stuff.......it always made me think of that Metallica piece

Last edited by a moderator:
Hm, if only there was a group of people that can explain such things. That see what's happening to people and come up with an explanation that allows us to understand how it happens. Maybe, if they can figure out how, they can also figure out a way to prevent or mitigate the dangers of such a phenomenon...

But who? Who has the intelligence and insight to do such a thing? Who has the understanding of the world? Who has a direct line to whatever power is causing such scary events?

Science?

http://www.end-your-sleep-deprivation.com/sleep-paralysis.html

Naw...probably demons. That makes WAY more sense...

Hm, if only there was a group of people that can explain such things. That see what's happening to people and come up with an explanation that allows us to understand how it happens. Maybe, if they can figure out how, they can also figure out a way to prevent or mitigate the dangers of such a phenomenon...

But who? Who has the intelligence and insight to do such a thing? Who has the understanding of the world? Who has a direct line to whatever power is causing such scary events?

Science?

http://www.end-your-sleep-deprivation.com/sleep-paralysis.html

Naw...probably demons. That makes WAY more sense...

Naw, Nickelodeon has it figured out.

Here's Gary Spongebob's pet snail schooling Spongebob on the akashic records. Episode is "sleepy time".

[Broken External Image]:
nick.mtvnimages.com_nick_assets_video_images_spongebob_squarep8671d8bf0cf89ccfe87e9f1a384925f7.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom