• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sleep paralysis

I had a similar thing happen to me. I when out drinking with a friend, and then I woke up and a fat chic was on top of me, and I couldn't move. Then I had no memory of how I got there. Ha Ha

must have been a group halucination.....i do recall this one time.......................

Once upon a time when i was young and dirt was new, I drank a case of beer and woke up in a tree. I had the feeling of bark embedded in my face.
Does that count?

I don't think man will ever be able to provide a natural explanation to all of life's mysteries. I do however get what your saying, just because we don't understand or can't provide a natural explanation doesn't mean there isn't one.

In essence the "magic" you speak of is what we can't explain and thus attribute to supernatural phenomena.

I can't make up your mind for you but sir please don't neglect the vastness we're a part of.

I'm neglecting nothing. In fact, an appreciation of natural explanations (even if we'll never know all of them), I think, allows for more wonder than a reliance on mystical and supernatural explanations for things that we don't understand. By playing with the "god in the gaps" (or whatever supernatural equivalent you believe it to be), you're denying the real beauty of the real world. It's like being in "awe" of a great movie...I mean, yeah, Lord of the Rings or Star Wars are great stories with great special effects...but they're fiction, so they'll never be as awe inspiring as real life.

Yes I know exactly what you're talking about. I've had it happen to me around 6 or 7 times. I wake up and suddenly realize I can't move or speak. My wife may be right beside me but I can't get her to help. It seems like I can barely get a mmmm mmmm sound out, but I doubt it's even audible. I have to concentrate very hard on moving a finger or toe like cruisers said. Once I can get an extremety to move I can progress more and more until I just snap out of it. The whole time this is going on it feels like something bad is getting closer and closer to happening so I am always in a hurry to snap out of it.

Yes, this happens all the time to me. You wake up and try to move and can't, doesn't matter what you do, you can't move. It usually lasts about 15 seconds. It's scary as f***.
I try to explain it to the wife and she just thinks I'm nuts.

It happens to me more frequent now-bout every 2 weeks. lower extremities (hips and legs) just will not move for about a minute or so..... I think it's time for another back surgery.

At least once a week this occurs. It's when your body is half asleep and your mind is half dreaming. Your dream becomes a reality in a literal sense. I used to think it was demons coming in and messing with me when I was a kid, that's what everyone else said anyways. I took the time last year to actually do some research on my own, and found out the actual cause.

Good thing I'm not crazy after all. So glad a lot of other people have this going on and not just me!

Yeah its happened to me a few times, usually when I fall asleep on the couch. Ill wake up and my whole body will be tingling and I cant move a muscle. Weirdly enough though, for me the experience has never been negative. More like, "Wow this is weird?!"

I also have recurring dreams from time to time. Usually it is me with some ridiculously hot girl who is totally into me. Then I turn my back for a second and she disappears and I am all alone. Its like she was never even there.

I have experienced sleep paralysis once in my life during my mid-20's. It was pretty scary. I've also experienced the "falling" sensation. And at times I've woke up with my heart pounding out of chest terrified.

Back
Top Bottom