• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sleep paralysis

I'll share a quirky experience I had one morning after getting up to pee and trying to fall asleep again.

I was very groggy when I got back to bed and I felt myself easily slipping into sleep. I managed to remain "conscious" while slipping into a dream of being in my room and waking up. In the dream I woke up to find everything in my room and house was slightly different.

Things that were a little off included the dimensions of my bedroom and quite shockingly my girl friend whom which was a completely different girl yet I knew it was the "same" her. I marveled at her features and thought wow, this is my gf. I managed to slip into several more dreams where I would recreate that same experience.

I would wake up in the sleep in different versions of my own existence if you will. It's quite amazing the variations my mind came up with.

I've had sleep apnea for years. I would go to sleep and wake up unable to move except by concentrating on moving just a finger toe etc.It was somewhat scary. This disappeared when I received a CPAP unit and began using it.It has happened very seldom since and usually the machine was in need of adjustment.

I've had sleep apnea for years. I would go to sleep and wake up unable to move except by concentrating on moving just a finger toe etc.It was somewhat scary. This disappeared when I received a CPAP unit and began using it.It has happened very seldom since and usually the machine was in need of adjustment.

I bet it's weird to wake up not breathing but it's even weirder some people withhold their breathe on purpose for other reasons.

You have to understand that breathing and air in general is a sacred principle of life. Withholding your breathe on purpose serves other purposes. Some for example use it illicitly as a form of auto-erotic asphyxiation.

In other occult traditions breathing techniques are used to further ones tangible experience with "the other side".

I bet it's weird to wake up not breathing but it's even weirder some people withhold their breathe on purpose for other reasons.

You have to understand that breathing and air in general is a sacred principle of life. Withholding your breathe on purpose serves other purposes. Some for example use it illicitly as a form of auto-erotic asphyxiation.

In other occult traditions breathing techniques are used to further ones tangible experience with "the other side".

Yeah, your brain does funny things when deprived of oxygen. And when people don't understand the physiology behind it, it's probably easy to attribute those things to something mystical or supernatural.

Yeah, your brain does funny things when deprived of oxygen. And when people don't understand the physiology behind it, it's probably easy to attribute those things to something mystical or supernatural.

Are you insinuating that all unexplainable phenomena in life is a byproduct of oxygen deprivation? lol

I'll remember to breathe easier, if it makes you any more content.

Are you insinuating that all unexplainable phenomena in life is a byproduct of oxygen deprivation? lol

I'll remember to breathe easier, if it makes you any more content.

Really? Is that really what you think I was saying? Honestly?

Some things can probably be explained by oxygen deprivation. Others can be explained by other things...as I said earlier...drugs, stress, chemical imbalances, whatever.

The important thing is that is a natural explanation. There's no such thing as magic.

You sir met the "portal overlord" or as wow would have it two robed entities.

I origionally looked at this post and laughed but after thinking about it... Are you suggesting that I played a video game and had this experience?

Fact is I don't play video games and I have probably spent more time in combat than most people who consider themselves scholars have spent in college.

Dreams.. I can recognize and control my dreams as well. But, sadly I don't have the opportunity to do that since I seldom dream anymore.

There are two dreams that occur every so often maybe once or twice a year. One dream is of a young girl with no eyes screaming. I can't figure out how to help her and when I approach her to try and help she fades away.

The other is of a beautiful woman laying on a black surface that looks like stone. She smiles at me as I approach her and her eyes start shining brighter and brighter white like diamonds growing ever brighter until I can't see. Then the light fades and all that is left where the woman once was are pieces like someone took a machette or a chainsaw to her and left nothing but bloody pieces.

Last edited:
I don't think your experience had anything to do with a game. Contrary to that a person such as yourself would probably dissociate with the idea that what you experienced was anything but real. You yourself stated that you never "woke up" but actually had your .45 in your hand. I think your dreams are trying to tell you something.

If you can try and discern what your dreams may mean to you on a personal level. If that doesn't work realize that not all of our dreams are about us. The young girl can be a symbol for the female principle in life/nature.

The fact that you dream about a presumably mature beautiful woman makes me think that perhaps it's symbolic for mother earth and nature? How her eyes captivate you yet blind you and what's left is the bloody mess. Perhaps that's how you feel about your experience here on earth, the beautiful landscape yet we don't get a chance to take it all in because we're too busy fighting each other into a bloody pulp?...

I honestly can't give you an answer, your dreams are yours and I'm sure those 2 dreams are hinting at something greater. You want to help the young girl and admire the beautiful mature woman, go for it.

Really? Is that really what you think I was saying? Honestly?

Some things can probably be explained by oxygen deprivation. Others can be explained by other things...as I said earlier...drugs, stress, chemical imbalances, whatever.

The important thing is that is a natural explanation. There's no such thing as magic.

I don't think man will ever be able to provide a natural explanation to all of life's mysteries. I do however get what your saying, just because we don't understand or can't provide a natural explanation doesn't mean there isn't one.

In essence the "magic" you speak of is what we can't explain and thus attribute to supernatural phenomena.

I can't make up your mind for you but sir please don't neglect the vastness we're a part of.

I don't think your experience had anything to do with a game. Contrary to that a person such as yourself would probably dissociate with the idea that what you experienced was anything but real. You yourself stated that you never "woke up" but actually had your .45 in your hand. I think your dreams are trying to tell you something.

If you can try and discern what your dreams may mean to you on a personal level. If that doesn't work realize that not all of our dreams are about us. The young girl can be a symbol for the female principle in life/nature.

The fact that you dream about a presumably mature beautiful woman makes me think that perhaps it's symbolic for mother earth and nature? How her eyes captivate you yet blind you and what's left is the bloody mess. Perhaps that's how you feel about your experience here on earth, the beautiful landscape yet we don't get a chance to take it all in because we're too busy fighting each other into a bloody pulp?...

I honestly can't give you an answer, your dreams are yours and I'm sure those 2 dreams are hinting at something greater. You want to help the young girl and admire the beautiful mature woman, go for it.

LOL, Listen man I don't give a crap about that liberal save the world BS. It cracks me up how you guys associate everything with we are destroying the environment and how war is so wrong. The young girl is from the child I couldn't save who was killed by the suicide bomber. The woman is most likely from the day I stood in a small walled in area with no roof like a very small back yard of sorts with 8 foot mud/stucko walls around it. Looking at the ground and laughing at what was left of the 4 fools that blew themselves up trying to fire a mortar into one of our bases. Picking pieces of them off my boots. I must have laughed for five minutes straight. Before I lit a smoke and said "**** them".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom