Small Engine Help

Try cracking the gas cap a bit, might have a vacuum in the tank if the vent is not working well. Had a string trimmer that had that issue.

Try cracking the gas cap a bit, might have a vacuum in the tank if the vent is not working well. Had a string trimmer that had that issue.

Wasn't that. Just tried. It doesn't want to even crank up now. Had to pull 8 times to get it to run for 4 seconds.

Did you leave the fuel tank cap off or really loose to try it? If that doesn't help, then pull the air filter and leave it off. Do both just to crank and troubleshoot, to help identify your problem.

Did you leave the fuel tank cap off or really loose to try it? If that doesn't help, then pull the air filter and leave it off. Do both just to crank and troubleshoot, to help identify your problem.

Im going to mess with it after work tomorrow. Im pretty pissed off that I have to. I've only used 4 times. It has only had 3 or 4 tanks of gas through it.

Doubt ethanol did that. Not after just a month. Ive got several things I let sit with ethanol fuel and never give me a problem. Two being briggs...

I'd like to kick whoever thought ethanol was a good idea in the nuts till my keg falls off. See if starter fluid will make it run. If so jets are clogged.

So it wasn't the air filter or the gas cap. It will start with starter fluid but only runs about 3 seconds. It aint getting fuel so Im guessing the carb is gummed up.

I just went through this with my Honda pressure washer. I took it apart and cleaned the entire fuel system. It would start and run for ten seconds then shut off.

The problem was a fouled spark plug. I replaced the plug and it runs like new again. Just because it gets fire and the plug fires, doesn't mean that it will KEEP firing once it gets hot. CHANGE THE PLUG...then go from there.

Back
Top Bottom