• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Smoke or Grill Pheasants??

IMG_0406.JPG

Pheasant Tacos.

This sounds good. I have a couple from my company retreat at Barnsley and was saving them until I could find a good recipe. Any idea how long to cook? Just as a reference,.
Probably an hour and a half. I take them to around 160° and let them rest for 10-15 minutes.

fry, grill, smoke, rotisserie....... no, no, no...... all ruin the best tasting and my favorite bird to hunt. I learned how to cook them from a friend that was a retired chef of several 5 star rest. he would take the bird and soak it in buttermilk for a hour. while it was soaking he'd make up a batch of basic stuffing.... coarse bread crumbs, onion, celery and moisten it with plenty of chicken broth..... he then salt and peppered the birds and stuffed the cavity.... they were then put in a covered clay roaster dish and more stuffing so the birds were buried in it..... they were put in the oven low and slow..... no exact time, hour and a half or more... til we finished a bottle or two of wine.... can't really over cook them.... regardless they stay moist and tender only down side to over cooking is they get hard to remove from the clay roaster cause the meat slides off the bone.... that screws up the presentation but it melts in your mouth.

Back
Top Bottom