• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Snowden granted asylum in Russia

I'm surprised at the disdain for McCain in this thread. Whether you like his politics or not, I would've thought he'd given enough of himself mentally, emotionally, and physically...he and his family both really...to avoid ever being labeled an embarrassment to the United States. I don't agree with a lot of his politics, but whether I agree with him or not there is no denying he's given nearly his entire life to the service of the United States. That is far from an embarrassment in my book.

Agreed. Well Stated.

When I think of John McCain - I am reminded of the phrase "Do not judge me unless you have walked a mile in my shoes".

He was a prisoner of war in Vietnam for 5 1/2 years and lived through torture that most of us do not care to imagine. Both of his arms and one leg were broken when he ejected from his crashing plain and he never got proper medical care. When he speaks out against torture, it is not some theory to him

I sure wish he would have won the 2008 election! I think that Sarah Palin being made to look like a clown by Katie Couric and Tina Fey had more to do with him loosing than anything that people has a problem with John.

Yeah - He gets the benefit of the doubt with me...

The KGB no longer exists...
It is called FSB now, Federal Security Service, Federal'naya Sluzhba Bezopasnosti.. Staffed by the same people in the same buildings, with the same moles in the GP, except having better funding and equipment. FSB will protect him. Russia will not stand the embarrassment of an assassination.

Yep, if we thought that Pakistani protests over drone strikes were bad...
We use Russia's railroads to move supplies to the Kazakh airfields and roads/airfileds in Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan to support operations in Afghanistan. If Russia and Pakistan both block the supply routes....

I'm surprised at the disdain for McCain in this thread. Whether you like his politics or not, I would've thought he'd given enough of himself mentally, emotionally, and physically...he and his family both really...to avoid ever being labeled an embarrassment to the United States. I don't agree with a lot of his politics, but whether I agree with him or not there is no denying he's given nearly his entire life to the service of the United States. That is far from an embarrassment in my book.
because he has been a career politician for as long as i have been alive (25+years) and is a whore to the party platform and career politics

he does not represent his constituents in earnest and seems hell bent on compromising everything. in 08 he ran as a "conservative" which he clearly is not. how can you not find it troubling that a politician who ran against the president as the only other choice here shares many (if not all) of the same common view points

its disgusting, and as for service to the United states im not going to downplay his military credentials (the man did serve and i respect that). but if i recall elected officials are suppose to hold allegiance to the folks who elected them, not to the FED

and its not just him, its a large portion of politicians, especially within the GOP

look at the governor of florida and locals from our own home state. **** them all in general, they dont represent any true conservative notions or ideals. they are bound, stuck, and un-budging on clouded and out of touch party doctrine. quite frankly its down right shameful

thats my gripe with him and the whole lot of them

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom