• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So already thinking about getting another can...

No2sc2

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
37   1
Reaction score
I only own 9mm's. Would getting a 45 can benefit me or should I just stick to 9mm cans? Resale would be a hard thing to do since wait time is 5-6 months... I know you lose some db if you do sub-caliber, but is it that noticeable?

I was in the same boat already having a TiRant 9 as well. Decided on a 22 can for some movie style silenced shooting.

picked up a Ruger 22/45 Lite and a Savage bolt action rifle with a threaded barrel. Can't wait for my papers now.

Go 22 and get some tacticool toys!

I was in the same boat already having a TiRant 9 as well. Decided on a 22 can for some movie style silenced shooting.

picked up a Ruger 22/45 Lite and a Savage bolt action rifle with a threaded barrel. Can't wait for my papers now.

Go 22 and get some tacticool toys!

You won't believe me... I don't have any .22

So would it be better to get a .40 can? So I would have the .40 ability but also don't lose any with 9mm in suppression?

The 9mm on 45 is kind of loud...

Liberty mystic is .22 approved too! I might just get that or osprey .40. I just don't like the fact osprey isn't user serviceable

Last edited:
You won't believe me... I don't have any .22

So would it be better to get a .40 can? So I would have the .40 ability but also don't lose any with 9mm in suppression?

The 9mm on 45 is kind of loud...

Get some I have 4 22 hosts and when I shot them with the sparrow if was funny quiet.

Mosquito
Beretta 21a
Savage FV-SR
22lr AR

Don't get a 40 can, they usually cost as much as a 45 can and do less calibers. the noise difference isn't much to right home about when using sub calibers.

And don't judge on videos, judge on DB numbers and go shoot a 45 can on a 9 at a dealer who will demo

Get some I have 4 22 hosts and when I shot them with the sparrow if was funny quiet.

Mosquito
Beretta 21a
Savage FV-SR
22lr AR

Don't get a 40 can, they usually cost as much as a 45 can and do less calibers. the noise difference isn't much to right home about when using sub calibers.

And don't judge on videos, judge on DB numbers and go shoot a 45 can on a 9 at a dealer who will demo

I hadn't seen any dealer offering demos. Anyways I'm gonna research some more on subcalibers. If a 45 can shoot a 9mm almost as quiet as a 9 on 9, I will get the .45 but right now from the osprey video, the db is a big gap.

Call them and ask, wwboater let me shoot his personal Osprey 45 from a 1911, I loved it, although it is "louder" than a 9 it has a lower pitch, like a volvo closing its door "Thwunk".

Just some facts

Osprey 45 on Glock 17: 124.5db wet 131.8 dry
Ospery 9 on HK usp : 126.5db dry
Osprey 45 on 1911 45acp: 125.8 wet 128.4 dry
So your nitpicking over 5db's difference in 9mm and the 45acp is only 2dbs lounder but you get huge versatility. get a 45 can and thread a 44spl or 45lc lever action. Shoot 40 out of it just fine, and shoot everything the 9 could handle too and more. like the Osprey 45 is 9mm full auto rated, the Osprey 9 is not. So get you a slide fire 9mm AR and quiet that puppy up!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom