• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So I got a Springfield bolt carrier group…

Tattooron

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
53   0
Reaction score
So I took in trade from a buddy of mine a Springfield Saint bolt carrier group. I can’t seem to find much info on these can anyone give me any feedback on the quality and durability of these?

They are not true milspec, but I haven’t seen any specific issues with them yet.

The bolt is HPT/MPI, but it’s made of 9310 and not Carpenter-158.

Finish is Melonite (a type of nitride).

All the ones I’ve handled were like this, but it’s possible they have different BCG’s.

They are not true milspec, but I haven’t seen any specific issues with them yet.

The bolt is HPT/MPI, but it’s made of 9310 and not Carpenter-158.

Finish is Melonite (a type of nitride).

All the ones I’ve handled were like this, but it’s possible they have different BCG’s.
I guess my big question is wether or not I should sell it and get what I really want. I got it with a bunch of stuff I traded, so I’m not really invested in it. Sounding like I should actually just get a true milspec.

I guess my big question is wether or not I should sell it and get what I really want. I got it with a bunch of stuff I traded, so I’m not really invested in it. Sounding like I should actually just get a true milspec.

I would get something better for a go-to BCG that I was gonna use. Sell the SAI one off, or keep for a spare.

But, I’m known for being a bit…….snobbish.

Back
Top Bottom