• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So, I have a problem...

I'd say keep practicing with the G19 until the problem isn't a problem. Carrying a larger gun comes with it's own headaches and if its not as comfortable to carry the VP9 then you'll be right back where you started and probably a few bills shorter too. Just because you are more accurate doesn't always mean it's destine to become your EDC. The trigger on the VP9 is probably what makes you more accurate. They have pretty good triggers in them, almost PPQ-ish. That's very hard to get in a Glock. Most people are more accurate with a G17 because of sight radius but doesn't mean they'll want to carry a G17. Work on your trigger control or go with a aftermarket trigger from Apex or one of the other big name Glock trigger makers.
Most people. ;)

Interesting. I've never heard of this. How does it help? Introduces more friction on the trigger, perhaps?
I had the exact same problem with two different pistols. I found the trigger on one was slightly turned, ever so angular . The padding of the Band-Aid made up for the discrepancy and that's how I started taking a closer look at my trigger assembly

I had the exact same problem with two different pistols. I found the trigger on one was slightly turned, ever so angular . The padding of the Band-Aid made up for the discrepancy and that's how I started taking a closer look at my trigger assembly
Nice. In essence you made a wedge for your finger.

I'd say keep practicing with the G19 until the problem isn't a problem. Carrying a larger gun comes with it's own headaches and if its not as comfortable to carry the VP9 then you'll be right back where you started and probably a few bills shorter too. Just because you are more accurate doesn't always mean it's destine to become your EDC. The trigger on the VP9 is probably what makes you more accurate. They have pretty good triggers in them, almost PPQ-ish. That's very hard to get in a Glock. Most people are more accurate with a G17 because of sight radius but doesn't mean they'll want to carry a G17. Work on your trigger control or go with a aftermarket trigger from Apex or one of the other big name Glock trigger makers.
I actually used to have 17 and shot it very well with no modifications to the trigger. I would agree that the difference in it and the 19 for me is mostly the sight radius. I've also been debating to myself whether or not I want to stipple my 19 and see if that helps me at all. I know that it will ruin the resale value of it, but I have no intention of ever selling it even if I replace it as my carry. What keeps me from doing it is the fact that if that doesn't improve my shooting with it, there's no coming back from that other than replacing the frame.

The VP9 does have a very nice trigger in comparison. That's the main reason I wanted one of them.

I actually used to have 17 and shot it very well with no modifications to the trigger. I would agree that the difference in it and the 19 for me is mostly the sight radius. I've also been debating to myself whether or not I want to stipple my 19 and see if that helps me at all. I know that it will ruin the resale value of it, but I have no intention of ever selling it even if I replace it as my carry. What keeps me from doing it is the fact that if that doesn't improve my shooting with it, there's no coming back from that other than replacing the frame.

The VP9 does have a very nice trigger in comparison. That's the main reason I wanted one of them.
I've heard great things about the Talon Grips. No stippling required.

I've heard great things about the Talon Grips. No stippling required.
I've considered those as well. I may try them first before I go permanently modifying my carry pistol. My thought process behind stippling was that I could remove the finger grooves and undercut the trigger guard a little and in theory that may help me. Unfortunately, I have no way of knowing without doing it and there's no turning back from it once I do.

I carry a G19 and I love it. However, I tend to shoot slightly left with it. I assume I just need to make grip adjustments and better trigger control. Herein lies the problem.

I recently traded for an HK VP9. I shot it today and am dead nuts accurate with it. I don't, however want to replace my 19 as my carry.

I have the same exact problem with my 17. Not sure why but I always shoot slightly to the left. Just always assumed I needed to practice my trigger pull. But a buddy let me shoot his xd in 9mm and I could shoot flies with that thing.

Back
Top Bottom