• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

So, Taurus called me yesterday...

geezer

Marines Icon Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
781   0
Reaction score
I had bought a used older Taurus revolver a while back and it had a hammer problem...It seems the hammer pivot pin had broken off from the frame. Well, I sent it (on my 50 bucks) to Taurus USA for them to look at. They called yesterday and told me they were going to replace the pistol with a NEW one. They would pay return shipping, but it had to go through my FFL. I recently had an issue with Springfield Armory, And they made it good without one cent of my money. Taurus' lifetime warranty is quite limited, and I find Springfield to be much more customer oriented. Any other Taurus notes? I mean, I know I'm getting a brand new pistol for just 50 bucks more investment, and that's good. BUT the reason they wouldn't cover ALL shipping is because the pistol is a 2001 model. Too old.

Last edited:
If the fine print in their lifetime warranty says that all shipping is to be covered by the buyer then what's the problem? Does it say this? playing devil's advocate here. Also, is the warranty transferrable??? I am really asking as i don't know so i don't want to make assumptions but some more info would from those that may know would help.

No. I'm not complaining. More like comparing. I mean, I will end up with a new gun, at a decent investment, so what's to complain about, right? I'm just comparing a top notch company with one that is thought of(especially on here) as low quality, and pretty much discovering why. I mean, how long is a "lifetime" for a quality firearm?

How much did you pay for the Springfield in comparison to the Taurus? You don't have to answer, but let's just say they were both 1911's for argument's sake.

PT1911 at Quiet Riot listed for $559 right now. What's the cheapest Springfield 1911 cost? I'm guessing well above that.

Both guns'll kill ya dead. One cost more than the other. The one that costs more can AFFORD to pay for your return shipment.

Now, if they were both the same cost to begin with, I would say "Yay Springfield!" But you paid for that "service" ahead of time in the initial purchase price.

I have a Springfield 1911 in 10mm and I have a PT1911 from Taurus. Both are fine firearms. I can tell you which one I paid more for.

Luckily, I haven't had to send either in for a warranty claim!

How much did you pay for the Springfield in comparison to the Taurus? You don't have to answer, but let's just say they were both 1911's for argument's sake.

PT1911 at Quiet Riot listed for $559 right now. What's the cheapest Springfield 1911 cost? I'm guessing well above that.

Both guns'll kill ya dead. One cost more than the other. The one that costs more can AFFORD to pay for your return shipment.

Now, if they were both the same cost to begin with, I would say "Yay Springfield!" But you paid for that "service" ahead of time in the initial purchase price.

I have a Springfield 1911 in 10mm and I have a PT1911 from Taurus. Both are fine firearms. I can tell you which one I paid more for.

Luckily, I haven't had to send either in for a warranty claim!

x2. I think they did right by you and that their policy is actually better than many manufacturers as many warranties are not transferable to a second owner. All in all, I think their warranty holds up pretty well.

Back
Top Bottom