• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

So, Taurus called me yesterday...

I'd like to know what companies require that, it's not one of the following, Browning, Ruger, Remington, Taurus, Smith & Wesson, Savage, or Marlin, I know those for sure.

YEARS ago I had to send my Kahr in and they required I use Fed-Ex, next day. It was quite pricey.

Yea, I was wondering that myself. I called bull **** on this guy yesterday and he complained to the mods and got my post pulled. Good to see someone else calling bull **** on him besides me.
You didn't call bull**** on me, and I didn't complain to the mods.

Last edited:
Taurus wouldn't cover shipping to them as per our phone call. They did however allow me to use their discounted shipping at a rate of $50.00. So I paid the 50 and sent it to them. There was really no other way to do it. The point of this whole thread was to basically compare companies, let you guys know what to expect should you ever need warranty work, and to find out if you've had anything different happen. Now it's gotten completely off topic.

Last edited:
Imagine how close we are to Glock headoffice, now if you were living in Miami you could had save $50 for shipping. I know you are not complaining but the best part is you were able to get a replacement because of their gun lifetime warranty not the owner's registration warranty vs I dealt with Beretta and believe me their customer service is like Flea Market customer service. I am glad though you were able to get a new weapon for a minimum cost.

I'm curious as to why they can't ship it directly back to you. It's a replacement, they should be able to ship it directly to your door.

The new fiearm will have a different serial number than the one replaced, thus a 4473 will need to be completed. (And if the FFL charges a fee for a background check...!)

The new fiearm will have a different serial number than the one replaced, thus a 4473 will need to be completed. (And if the FFL charges a fee for a background check...!)

Wrong, just because it's a new serial number does not mean it has to have a 4473 on it according to the law. A manufacturer can replace and send directly to the original owner of they want.

Unless I'm wrong, a handgun has to be shipped overnight, which will run 60-70 bucks. Or shipped thru an ffl so they will charge about $30 then their cost to ship. Neither way is cheap. Sure you could put it in a flat rate box and it would get there and most likely nobody would know. But if you are found doing this, it won't be good. That's why I tend to like common firearms with readily available parts so I can fix it in the event of a breakage.

Back
Top Bottom