• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

So, Taurus called me yesterday...

Unless the new gun had the exact same serial number, they broke the law by shipping it to you.

wrong

§ 922. Unlawful acts

(a) It shall be unlawful-
(1) for any person-
(A) except a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer, to engage in the business of importing, manufacturing, or dealing in firearms, or in the course of such business to ship, transport, or receive any firearm in interstate or foreign commerce; or
(B) except a licensed importer or licensed manufacturer, to engage in the business of importing or manufacturing ammunition, or in the course of such business, to ship, transport, or receive any ammunition in interstate or foreign commerce;
(2) for any importer, manufacturer, dealer, or collector licensed under the provisions of this chapter to ship or transport in interstate or foreign commerce any firearm to any person other than a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector, except that-
(A) this paragraph and subsection (b)(3) shall not be held to preclude a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector from returning a firearm or replacement firearm of the same kind and type to a person from whom it was received; and this paragraph shall not be held to preclude an individual from mailing a firearm owned in compliance with Federal, State, and local law to a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector;

wrong § 922. Unlawful acts (a) It shall be unlawful- (1) for any person- (A) except a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer, to engage in the business of importing, manufacturing, or dealing in firearms, or in the course of such business to ship, transport, or receive any firearm in interstate or foreign commerce; or (B) except a licensed importer or licensed manufacturer, to engage in the business of importing or manufacturing ammunition, or in the course of such business, to ship, transport, or receive any ammunition in interstate or foreign commerce; (2) for any importer, manufacturer, dealer, or collector licensed under the provisions of this chapter to ship or transport in interstate or foreign commerce any firearm to any person other than a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector, except that- (A) this paragraph and subsection (b)(3) shall not be held to preclude a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector from returning a firearm or replacement firearm of the same kind and type to a person from whom it was received; and this paragraph shall not be held to preclude an individual from mailing a firearm owned in compliance with Federal, State, and local law to a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector;
Wow, learn something new everyday. Smith and Wesson sent my replacement to an FFL as well.

Taurus warranty is lifetime for the firearm. First buyer, second,third or fourth doesn't matter. It goes with the firearm, not with the first purchaser.

The real stick in the arse in this example is if you bought off 4473 face to face and now have to go through FFL on 4473. That's some crapola for some folks!

How come it cost 50 dollars to send it in. You should use a different vender for sending it in.

Yea, I was wondering that myself. I called bull **** on this guy yesterday and he complained to the mods and got my post pulled. Good to see someone else calling bull **** on him besides me.

Not sure why anyone would give a damn why or what Geezer paid to ship his pistol, and calling him out? WTF You do realize that some companies "REQUIRE" you to use a specific shipper like FedEx over night etc.
I was going to send off a 1911 for fiber optic sight install, requires a dovetail to be milled into the slide. They wanted it shipped FEDEX overnight at a cost of $60-$80.

I'd like to know what companies require that, it's not one of the following, Browning, Ruger, Remington, Taurus, Smith & Wesson, Savage, or Marlin, I know those for sure.

Back
Top Bottom