• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So what is your EDC ammo and why?

Winchester LE Bonded Ranger 147gr HP, +P.
Great barrier penetraton, weight retention and expansion. Approved FBI load. Very good track record and gelatin tests.
Feeds in all of my pistols and PCC.
Super quite when run supressed.

124 gr +p Speer bonded Unicore from georgia arms. You get 50rds for the price of 20 from most other manufacturers. Haven't seen any gel tests and i hope to God almighty that i never have 1st hand knowledge on their lethality but they feed reliably and go bang every time I've pulled the trigger.

Just picked up 1 of these...

giphy.gif

It just so happens I use both the 147 grain HST and the 115 grain Critical Defense.

I use the 147 HST for all my 9mm handguns and most of my 9mm carbine mags. However, I keep several carbine mags loaded with the 115 grain Critical Defense in case I need to make longer shots (75 to 100 plus yards). The lighter bullet gives me higher MV and a flatter trajectory. Fortunately, both rounds have a POI within an inch or two of each other at 50 yards, so I'm good from 0 to 50 regardless of what happens to be in the mag.

The 115 grain Critical Defense probably isn't going to expand very well at the lower velocity at greater range, but it will be better than most other light bullets and I'm not as concerned as much about an immediate stop at those distances.

Federal HST. 147 and 124gr. Because that's what the majority of law enforcement carry and I don't want it to be said I was "intending" to kill someone with some crazy exotic ammo. Same reason I don't put dust covers on my AR15 that say stupid stuff.

230 Grain Hydrashok for 45
115 Grain Fiocchi HP for 9mm

Fiocchi might sound like an odd choice, but is quite affordable in bulk and I've always liked it. Tends to be a little hotter load than other brands comparable load.

Just picked up 1 of these...

giphy.gif
That kid must have a time machine too. Check out that X-Wing fighter box on the bottom shelf. That packaging looks exactly like the original from the 70’s. There’s something to the right of it in vintage Empire Strikes Back packaging too. Must be some kind of throwback series of toys or something.

Sorry for the derail. I just love old Star Wars toys. LOL

(Oh, and I carry HST 9mm 147 grain)

Back
Top Bottom