• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So what is your EDC ammo and why?

Meh usually 135gr Critical Duty in the full size and 99 grain .380 HSTs in the sub compact.

I like em both but ended up finding critical duty more regularly so I shot it more regularly and got a good deal and now the mags gassed up with it. I know it'll do its job if I do mine but haven't really crunched numbers in it much more than reading the box.

The .380 was a little more important to pay attention to my ammo, so I did research and settled on the 99grain HSTs watching them get 12" + of penetration and good expansion. Shot a boat load of those outta my 42 and am familiar with the round.

Federal HST 9mm or 45acp depending on which gun I’m carrying. The reviews I have read for HST expansion out of a short barrel is why I use it since both of my carry 9mm and 45 acp handguns have very short barrels.

Federal HST. 147 and 124gr. Because that's what the majority of law enforcement carry and I don't want it to be said I was "intending" to kill someone with some crazy exotic ammo. Same reason I don't put dust covers on my AR15 that say stupid stuff.
“That guy” was found innocent and the dust cover aspect had no effect.

I have a 239 in all three calibers, but being it has a shorter barrel I keep it loaded with .357sig. Figured the extra powder and lighter bullet would be more effective in my EDC. Wish it wasn’t so expensive so I could keep it in all my guns. But I usually shoot .40 in my larger guns.

I have a 239 in all three calibers, but being it has a shorter barrel I keep it loaded with .357sig. Figured the extra powder and lighter bullet would be more effective in my EDC. Wish it wasn’t so expensive so I could keep it in all my guns. But I usually shoot .40 in my larger guns.
"But I usually shoot .40 in my larger guns."

You're Bi? I did not know that about you. :boink:

Back
Top Bottom