• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So what is your EDC ammo and why?

A lot different when someone isn't behind a badge.
Bull, name me another case where it was the deciding factor that convicted an innocent man?
This ain’t a TV drama, although I sometime wonder.

You don’t do wrong, something custom doesn’t magically make your action wrong. Mindset and all only apply after a conviction during sentencing. That is if you were in the wrong to begin with.

Reactions: MRH
I have a 239 in all three calibers, but being it has a shorter barrel I keep it loaded with .357sig. Figured the extra powder and lighter bullet would be more effective in my EDC. Wish it wasn’t so expensive so I could keep it in all my guns. But I usually shoot .40 in my larger guns.

.357 Sig is exactly what I want. It will be my next carry gun/round. The ammo is pricey, though, so that blows.

Bull, name me another case where it was the deciding factor that convicted an innocent man?
This ain’t a TV drama, although I sometime wonder.

You don’t do wrong, something custom doesn’t magically make your action wrong. Mindset and all only apply after a conviction during sentencing. That is if you were in the wrong to begin with.

http://www.activeresponsetraining.net/dontdigtherig-part-4. I think its better to stay away from decorating guns with logos and or images just to avoid potential hassle...

From the article...

My problems with this gun have nothing to do with inherent reliability or stopping power. My issue is the “Punisher” logo on the back plate and the American flag on the aftermarket “butt plug.” Both could be used against you by a malicious prosecutor after a defensive shooting.

Don’t think that could happen? What about the recent police shooting in Cincinnati? A white cop shot a black motorist he stopped for an equipment violation. The cop was charged with murder. One of the issues that came up at trial was the fact that the officer was wearing a T-shirt with a rebel flag on it underneath his body armor on the day of the shooting. If the prosecutor will bring up your underwear in a trial, don’t think your gun decorations will get a pass.

An even more relevant case is that of the Mesa Arizona police officer who shot a suspect with his personally owned (but departmentally approved) AR-15 rifle. There were words written on the inside of the rifle’s dust cover that say “You’re ****ed.” The attorney hired by the suspect’s family said this about the rifle:

“That statement tells me this is a person who’s enthusiastic about killing people,” Marc Victor, lawyer for Sweet and her late husband, argued. “That’s what that inscription means.”

You really don’t want to be painted as a “person who is enthusiastic about killing people” in any lawsuit or criminal proceeding following a defensive shooting.

How might a prosecutor use the logos displayed on Bobby’s Glock 23 against him? “The Punisher” logo is easy. The prosecutor will allege that you embrace the idea of extra judicial punishment and killing so much that you willfully placed the Punisher logo on your defensive firearm. Even if your shooting is legally justified, a misguided or unethical prosecutor might use the logo to convince the jury that the shooting was your hateful attempt to live up to the heroics of the comic book character you placed on your weapon. Not good.

Who could turn an American flag into evidence against you? Have you considered that you might have to shoot an illegal immigrant? The narrative the prosecutor will make to the jury is that you are some type of racist, nationalistic, bigot who shot the “victim” for merely being born someplace other than the United States. Again, it’s an argument you don’t want to have
Will logos like this automatically become an issue? No, not always. But why take the chance? It’s best not to give the other side any ammunition to use against you. Keep the logos off your gun

http://www.activeresponsetraining.net/dontdigtherig-part-4. I think its better to stay away from decorating guns with logos and or images just to avoid potential hassle...

From the article...

My problems with this gun have nothing to do with inherent reliability or stopping power. My issue is the “Punisher” logo on the back plate and the American flag on the aftermarket “butt plug.” Both could be used against you by a malicious prosecutor after a defensive shooting.

Don’t think that could happen? What about the recent police shooting in Cincinnati? A white cop shot a black motorist he stopped for an equipment violation. The cop was charged with murder. One of the issues that came up at trial was the fact that the officer was wearing a T-shirt with a rebel flag on it underneath his body armor on the day of the shooting. If the prosecutor will bring up your underwear in a trial, don’t think your gun decorations will get a pass.

An even more relevant case is that of the Mesa Arizona police officer who shot a suspect with his personally owned (but departmentally approved) AR-15 rifle. There were words written on the inside of the rifle’s dust cover that say “You’re ****ed.” The attorney hired by the suspect’s family said this about the rifle:

“That statement tells me this is a person who’s enthusiastic about killing people,” Marc Victor, lawyer for Sweet and her late husband, argued. “That’s what that inscription means.”

You really don’t want to be painted as a “person who is enthusiastic about killing people” in any lawsuit or criminal proceeding following a defensive shooting.

How might a prosecutor use the logos displayed on Bobby’s Glock 23 against him? “The Punisher” logo is easy. The prosecutor will allege that you embrace the idea of extra judicial punishment and killing so much that you willfully placed the Punisher logo on your defensive firearm. Even if your shooting is legally justified, a misguided or unethical prosecutor might use the logo to convince the jury that the shooting was your hateful attempt to live up to the heroics of the comic book character you placed on your weapon. Not good.

Who could turn an American flag into evidence against you? Have you considered that you might have to shoot an illegal immigrant? The narrative the prosecutor will make to the jury is that you are some type of racist, nationalistic, bigot who shot the “victim” for merely being born someplace other than the United States. Again, it’s an argument you don’t want to have
Will logos like this automatically become an issue? No, not always. But why take the chance? It’s best not to give the other side any ammunition to use against you. Keep the logos off your gun
But the one and only case where this was so hyped, the defendant was found not guilty.
This is just more excitement over nothing, and his was worse than most.

How you articulate your defense is what will ultimately be what either exonerates or convicts you.
I’ve testified in, as a prosecuting officer and expert witness in civil cases, how you articulate yourself when this type of stuff comes up is what will harm you.

But the one and only case where this was so hyped, the defendant was found not guilty.
This is just more excitement over nothing, and his was worse than most.

I hear ya, i just want the least amount of stuff used against me if i were to use lethal force. So a plain stock glock is how i roll :thumb: no slide plates with bible verses about God smiting the evil doers :doh:

1410991519-91296-357-SIG-135-GR-FLEXLOCK.jpg

Back
Top Bottom