• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So who all rides motorcycles?????

This is a nice bike. But it apparently sat unused for a while before I got it and it had ethanol in the tank. After I bought it and rode it for a few weeks it started sputtering and lost power. I took it to one of the only two local shops and he cleaned the injectors. When I left the shop I got half way home and it started right back up. So I limped it back and he ended up finding that the tank had rusted inside and it needed a fuel pump. I replaced the fuel pump(he did), re-cleaned the injectors and acid cleaned the tank. After that it has never really run great. It still has moderate power and I'm just sick of spending more money trying to get it right.

And this is the second in a row that I have had problems with. I'm just of the conclusion that I shouldn't own a bike. I'm going to sell it or trade it and get a rag top.

Ducati makes an amazing bike. It's like sitting in a Ferrari... It might not be faster than the Nissan GT-R or a Porsche 911, but you really do feel like you are on something special.

I tend to prefer a high output vtwin motor for the street. It's just immediate power, no having to get the revs up like you do on an inline 4.

Sexy Italian styling, a booming exhaust note and torque that wants to pull your arms out of your sockets... what's not to like? haha

Still waiting on my new Triumph to get here, it's on the truck and headed to the dealership... the Exhaust and accessories came in today, so hopefully I can get it all wrapped up and be out riding it this weekend.

Either an Aprilia or Ducati will be my next bike, but I had to get the Triumph first. I saw in another post that you pulled the trigger on the speed triple. Any changes for the 2017 model? Which dealership do you prefer for Triumph?

Either an Aprilia or Ducati will be my next bike, but I had to get the Triumph first. I saw in another post that you pulled the trigger on the speed triple. Any changes for the 2017 model? Which dealership do you prefer for Triumph?

Yeah, this time around I went with the 2017 Speedy S. Not sure what changes there are this year, other than updates to the fueling and such. It's coming with the Arrow exhaust and tune, factory quick shifter, rear seat cowl, belly pan, frame sliders, etc...

IMG_0149.JPG
IMG_0150.JPG

This is a nice bike. But it apparently sat unused for a while before I got it and it had ethanol in the tank. After I bought it and rode it for a few weeks it started sputtering and lost power. I took it to one of the only two local shops and he cleaned the injectors. When I left the shop I got half way home and it started right back up. So I limped it back and he ended up finding that the tank had rusted inside and it needed a fuel pump. I replaced the fuel pump(he did), re-cleaned the injectors and acid cleaned the tank. After that it has never really run great. It still has moderate power and I'm just sick of spending more money trying to get it right.

And this is the second in a row that I have had problems with. I'm just of the conclusion that I shouldn't own a bike. I'm going to sell it or trade it and get a rag top.

You could always just get one in better shape. haha

Sharp bike. The quick shifter is a blast. Never ridden a speed triple but I love the street triples, just couldn't wait until summer to get the new one "at least that's what my dealer told me".

Yeah, I have not had a bike with a quickshifter before, or ABS and traction control, for that matter. Should be fun with the shifter and putting the bike in Track Mode.

I had launch control on my GSX-R750 and it was kinda cool....

Back
Top Bottom