• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So who all rides motorcycles?????

Anyone know much about the Eric Buels?

Use to run a Harley engine tweaked for performance. I fell in love with the firecracker red edition and lost my mind on the orange and "electric blue" frame models.

Now the current owner is using Rotax engines.

They're niche market bike sales. I haven't seen the new (Rotax engine) one's yet

Texas 2009 184.JPG

MSP_3202.JPG

Don't know a ton about the new ones other than personal research. The rotax motors are much better than the previous gens but about 10 years to late to be competitive. For me the pros are cheap to insure compared to competitors, American made and I personally think they are good looking bikes with a great unique sound. Cons include little to no technology compared to Japanese and European bikes, price (for a new bike) including resale, and now the potential issues with warranties and service. I would definitely be interested in a RX or SX at the right price. Erik can make one hell of a motorcycle and he has the passion that most riders and racers do but he can not compete with the Japanese volume or the European class.

I have ridden a couple Buells in the past. The old Harley motored ones, I didn't care for. Yeah they handled fine, but that old pig of a motor just isn't right for a sportbike.

The Rotax motors were worlds better. Aprilia was using Rotax motors for the longest time, they are really solid.

The latest generation, I never got to ride, but I sat on them and they felt good, and the reviews were usually pretty positive. My main problem with them is that Buell is just not a viable brand. They never stick around for more than a couple years, and I won't invest in a bike that is likely to be back out of business next year...

Guess you don't remember, we talked a little in pm about it. Street triple rx from hourglass

Oh yeah, sorry. haha

Yeah, my wife test rode the Street Triple RS this weekend, loved it. She is putting a deposit down on one, and will sell or trade her '14 Street Triple R in a couple months...

Back
Top Bottom