• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

So who all rides motorcycles?????

Brought this beauty out of hibernation tonight for a little road/wind therapy. Some of you have seen it at one of the meet and greets.
IMG_8729.jpeg

Last project.. 1990 Honda Hawk GT

Hoping to sort this one and get it to Barber for a track day in the Spring as well... I've always loved these bikes and this one is a PRIME example! I just don't want to wad it up on the track...

View attachment 6930730View attachment 6930731View attachment 6930732View attachment 6930735View attachment 6930737View attachment 6930738View attachment 6930757
Very nice Hawk! I owned 6 or 7 over the years and ran a few Hawk Rallies on the east coast a while ago. I don't currently have a Hawk but if you have any questions or need parts, I still know a few people that have them and lots of parts. I raced one with WERA for a while when I first started riding on the street (late 90's) and they were very fun bikes in the mountains. Great handling and still a great looking bike.

My last Hawk. VFR rear wheel, 929 front end, Ohlins rear shock, Vrod headlight, etc.

I also had one that was a track only bike, 80+ hp, crazy motor (falicon billet crank, ti rods, total loss ignition, head work, the works). A guy I know in FL still has it. Hawkenstein was what everyone called it.

Attachments

• 228624_1044592845991_3145_n.jpg
    228624_1044592845991_3145_n.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 14
Bought in Spartanburg in 1988 for $2,400.00 new "in crate". Crash damage mostly on right side, and where there is none, my body was in the way (lucky for me, only a few bruises and cuts, nothing serious). My right boot, helmet, and jacket (not pictured here) all had road rash--pants were protected by knee puck. You can see the rear wheel is broken (under the muffler in the photos), and the swingarm was bent. Tail light and instrument cluster smashed away from bike when it went down a small cliff/steep embankment. Safety wire holds most bits in place. The headlight thing was my emulation of the Yamaha FZ600. I have more photos, but the system says they are too big, even after resizing.
View attachment 7172143View attachment 7172144View attachment 7172145
In case anyone doesn’t already know? WOW in Marietta usually has a few bikes comparable on the floor. I like going just to look. I gotta be careful though lol , I’ve road out of there with a couple so far. EDIT: They hired a certified Harley mechanic .

In case anyone doesn’t already know? WOW in Marietta usually has a few bikes comparable on the floor. I like going just to look. I gotta be careful though lol , I’ve road out of there with a couple so far. EDIT: They hired a certified Harley mechanic .
Good people there IMO…I too enjoy just stopping in to look around. I was there just yesterday…lol

Sold the Yamaha and Kawasaki, and downsized to just one bike last weekend.
Not sure if that’s a Diavel? but I’ve been thinking about getting one. They sit comparable to my Wide Glide and still in the “cruiser class” so the insurance is a fraction of what a “Sport” bike is. I like it either way, Nice!!

Back
Top Bottom