So who started you shooting? Shout out...

Who first got you started into shooting?

• Parent

Votes: 42 60.0%
  • Sibling

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Granparent

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Other family member

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Friend

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • No one, got into it on my own.

Votes: 11 15.7%

• Total voters
Crosman Scout.PNG

My Dad, it was either 1963 or 64 and I was 4 or 5. But I do remember the very first shot, it was with a .22 short Colt Derringer shooting at an old tin can at a creek out in the country. I was hooked right then & there. I don't have the original gun but I did find one at a gun show my Dad and I went to for $99. He sold the one I shot way back then because my mother tried to shoot him with it sometime around 1966 I think.

I shot with my dad only once I remember as a kid. Had bb guns as a youth and the Boy Scouts for .22 fun at summer camp. As a early young adult just bought myself a pistol and then made a good friend who I went to the range and the seed was planted been shooting ever since. Started my son around 8-10 with me and the memories and fun we have are awesome!

My Dad gave me a High Std. 9 shot 22 pistol with 4" barrel when I was 12, I'm 68 now, then proceeded to instruct me before giving me the ammo and watched me shoot and made sure I was safe. That g8n is the one I have kept the longest, it still sits securely in my safe.

Back
Top Bottom