• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sobering video.... Lets be safe this Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
My cousin is in a coma in Pittsburg after wrecking his harley. He is probably not going to make it. I guess i cant see the
"sweet" in the accident video.

Since the OP didn't do it, I'm going to go ahead and post a "GRAPHIC" warning. As a father of two toddlers, it LITERALLY makes me want to vomit when I see violence depicted against children.

I understand that the intent was to encourage us to stay safe and not drink and drive this season. And I appreciate the intent, so please don't misunderstand what I'm doing here. But a little heads up about the GRAPHIC, very realistic image of a child being plowed over by an SUV would've been nice....

That said, hopefully people will read my post before watching the video:

WARNING: The video posted by the OP is VERY GRAPHIC and depicts several images of children and adults being run over or involved in violent car accidents.

What is more sobering than that is being a firefighter and a first responder and getting called out to a massive wreck like that and knowing the majority of victims and finding out alcohol played a big role in causing the accident.

What is more sobering than that is being a firefighter and a first responder and getting called out to a massive wreck like that and knowing the majority of victims and finding out alcohol played a big role in causing the accident.

That is the ONE reason I reconsidered becoming a firefighter when I got to the end of the application/test phases for Cherokee County this year. My biggest concern for my sanity was having to respond to accidents (vehicle or other) involving young children.

That having been said;

To all officers, first responders, firefighters, and armed forces personal (active and retired):

Thank you for your service to your community and your country.

I don't know how you guys do it but thanks. You are a special breed.

I hit a 9 year old 40 years ago on a street in Athens. He ran out into the street in front of my car, and although I stood on my brakes, I still hit him. I will never forget the look on his face or the sound of the impact.
Fortunately for both of us, he was just banged up and bruised and only spent the night in the hospital for observation.
Be careful out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom