• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

solar gate openers

Nat

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
211   0
Reaction score
The wife wants a solar gate opener so I'm in the hunt for one. Been lookin' on the interweb for one and thinkin' maybe the ''Mighty Mule'' is the one one I may go with. What say ya'll?
Thank you for your input.

The wife wants a solar gate opener so I'm in the hunt for one. Been lookin' on the interweb for one and thinkin' maybe the ''Mighty Mule'' is the one one I may go with. What say ya'll?
Thank you for your input.

It's a real challenge to get them wired, timed and functioning from the keypad and the remotes.
They do have good tech support.

We've got a Mighty Mule gate opener, but use a LiftMaster controller so our garage door openers and gate opener are on one controller. We also have an opener by the front door, so we can open the gate for guests, as we did not want a key pad at the gate. The door is about 200' from the gate. Works fine. Use a deep cycle battery and you're good to go.

We installed a Mighty Mule system a year ago it was a simple install and has worked well. Cost adds up fast between the solar panel, battery, and gate openers for each car we installed the MM560 kit and gate lock. Also look at the Ghost Controls system.

Reactions: Nat
Back
Top Bottom