Some of y'all might not get this...

wanted a jaguar e-type with an automatic transmission since I saw one, and a 1970s ford truck in orange
4.bp.blogspot.com__dbyrUCxnmWA_UZY08h9K83I_AAAAAAAAJOE_lswNRWAZgs4_s1600_DSC_0057.JPG

wanted a jaguar e-type with an automatic transmission since I saw one

My dad had 2...both were 4 speeds. I was too young to remember the 1st one, the 2nd one was in need of a total restoration. Those early jags have amazing wood dashes and steering wheels. I remember them well, from car shows and other jags he had.

Here's a pic from 1984...me and my younger brother ( @nitrousfedlx ) and my dad. Forgot all about this pic until I made this thread...try not to laugh too hard at my socks...

IMG00026-20110816-1550.jpg

My dad had 2...both were 4 speeds. I was too young to remember the 1st one, the 2nd one was in need of a total restoration. Those early jags have amazing wood dashes and steering wheels. I remember them well.

Here's a pic from 1984...me and my younger brother ( @nitrousfedlx ) and my dad. Forgot all about this pic until I made this thread...try not to laugh too hard at my socks...

View attachment 1258428

Awesome memory, where's you bro been?

I feel that way about a Jag XJS or an Alfa Romeo Spider. Neither car was known for their reliability or resale value. But we like what we like. Sometimes a car is just about having fun and being cool. Otherwise they might as well all be Camrys.

Oh lately I get those feelings about an Audi A5. Now THAT is a beautiful coupe.
Not the cars I had envisioned as your dream car from your online persona

Back
Top Bottom