Some of y'all might not get this...

Not the cars I had envisioned as your dream car from your online persona
I never wanted what everyone else wanted. Never been a Mustang or Camaro fan. I dig the mechanically misunderstood English and Italian cars. I also still dig Cadillac coupes from the 60s to the very early 80s. What passes for cool these days just breaks my heart. Like a damn Jeep Wrangler with 4 doors... That's so wrong. Or a Porsche sedan or Porsche SUV.
Speaking of just plain wrong... I have a good friend back in South Bibb Co with a nearly new Harley Davidson that has a damn touch screen on the handle bars. Seriously it looks like a mini tablet sitting sideways on the bars. What the hell do you need that for!?!?

IMG_5138.JPG

Not mine, but I wish it was!

View attachment 1258447

dang we think alike I was just searching for a pic, mine has and always will be a 69' Camaro SS, they can keep all them fancy euro cars

I won't tell y'all that my first car was a 69 Camaro that I paid $900 for. It needed total restoration but it had a bone stock and super clean 350 in it. I sold the motor out of it to help pay for the restoration parts. Unfortunately I abandoned that car AND a 70 1/2 Rally Sport with a non-original 396/4 speed when I moved out of the house. I paid $1600 for the 70 1/2. Obviously I moved out under less than ideal circumstances, otherwise I'd have taken them with me!

I never wanted what everyone else wanted. Never been a Mustang or Camaro fan. I dig the mechanically misunderstood English and Italian cars. I also still dig Cadillac coupes from the 60s to the very early 80s. What passes for cool these days just breaks my heart. Like a damn Jeep Wrangler with 4 doors... That's so wrong. Or a Porsche sedan or Porsche SUV.
Speaking of just plain wrong... I have a good friend back in South Bibb Co with a nearly new Harley Davidson that has a damn touch screen on the handle bars. Seriously it looks like a mini tablet sitting sideways on the bars. What the hell do you need that for!?!?
60's Cadillac yes...80's Caddy not so much the others I agree with except the Harley, I might have to take you off my wall for that comment!

60's Cadillac yes...80's Caddy not so much the others I agree with except the Harley, I might have to take you off my wall for that comment!
It is what it is. Harleys ( used to be) about freedom from the daily BS of life and being independent. Having touch screen navigation and whatever else is 180 degrees out of sync with the Harley spirit.

Back
Top Bottom