• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Some people just shouldn't own a firearm!!!

I believe it was a security guard at a Fed building in Atlanta was all over the news for leaving his Glock Foty' in the men's ****ter during or around the time of an Obama visit.
I grew up around all kinds of guns . And until my early 20s I just assumed cops and Feds were gun people. Boy was I wrong! The majority of them know just enough to qualify. And that's really ALL they care about knowing. It really amazes me to find out just how little most of them know not only about guns but worse yet gun LAW. When I first joined here the Mossberg Shockwave was all the rage. I recall saying that I would NOT ride around with one even with the approval letter because cops don't know anywhere near what they think they know.
Hell just yesterday I watched several cop involved shooting videos. In one a deputy has an AR slung across his body and his G17 at his side. He removed a 38 Snub from a suspect's vehicle and with 2 fingers on the grip holding it like a dirty diaper he asked the other deputy " So you know how to clear these?" Seriously!? He's running around with a loaded AR and loaded G17 and doesn't know how to clear a revolver?! I bet he can't shift gears either.

You should see these geniuses trying to clear a Henry .22 lever action.

Starts around 9:00, at almost 11:00 guy tries inserting the mag tube into the barrel.

I used to work at Total Wine in Kennesaw. One day I'm in the break room and a fellow comes in with a pistol in his hand. Not normal obviously and we ask wtf he's doing. Says he found it in the bushes by where all the employees park their cars. Police are contacted and deal with it, but was a very strange morning indeed. Unfortunately never got to follow up and find out

I used to work at Total Wine in Kennesaw. One day I'm in the break room and a fellow comes in with a pistol in his hand. Not normal obviously and we ask wtf he's doing. Says he found it in the bushes by where all the employees park their cars. Police are contacted and deal with it, but was a very strange morning indeed. Unfortunately never got to follow up and find out
My youngest is a college student and works there, he was there for a year plus and then went to Japan for 6 months, he just started back this week...

Today I visited a new cigar lounge in Smyrna called Good Fella's, nice establishment good customer service, etc. At one point I went to the bathroom, when I went to the sink and to wash my hands I found a S&W M&P 9mm laying on the back of the sink. White paint splatters all over the pistol, full magazine, chambered round...just setting there. I took the pistol to the order counter, laid it on the counter top and explained the situation to the young lady working there...she backed up to the wall with her hands up and said "what should I do with this?". I told her that it wasn't my decision but that it definitely should NOT stay in the bathroom, it's a family restaurant on the front side of the building. I removed the magazine, un-chambered the round, cleared the weapon and laid it back down...I explained that the weapon was now safe to handle and left.

It absolutely amazes me that some dumba$$ would lay their weapon down and leave it; How did he carry the weapon that necessitated him taking out to use the restroom? I'm guessing in his pocket or waistband. I carry daily and my weapon never leaves my person, much less my sight! If a child had walked in there and picked the gun up, all he had to do was pull the trigger....killing himself, killing someone on the other side of the wall, or at the bare minimum absolutely freaking out everyone in the restaurant.

My only concern at this point is that I handled the weapon and didn't wipe it down before I handed turned it over to the CS lady. Have any of you seen **** this stupid?
I’m a let this go..

I went through a State Trooper qualifying event with a friend of mine in Oklahoma (he was a trooper and ex-military), I was appalled by the ineptitude of the officers when shooting a long gun. Out of the first round there were only 3 or 4 troopers and myself that qualified, out of 15 or so officers. The RO got them in a group and asked what the problem was, they all had one of two excuses -1.) The OHP only provided 2 boxes of ammo a year for training so they never trained with them because they didn't want to buy the ammo, 2.) There were around 6-8 of them that had purchased optics for their rifle (scopes and red dot - this was around 1998 so red dots were pretty new), mounted them and never sighted them in...the next three hours were spent with the RO, and one or two of the troopers helping the others sight their weapons in. Keep in mind that these weapons were DUTY WEAPONS that they carried in their trunk. At the end of the day, everyone qualified.
I've helped with remedial training to get cops qualified. I will leave a restaurant if there is a table full of cops seated just on the off chance a robber comes in the place. I don't want to be any where near a bunch of cops shooting their duty weapons at a criminal.

Back
Top Bottom