• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Something very strange happened today.

LOL. Me too. I find myself explaining what a PDA was (IPAQ, etc.)

My first PDA
POCKET-PAD1.jpg

It’s a scam block the number now they have your phone number, name , possibly an address and an e mail . Check your credit frequently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm all for seeing spooks hiding behind trees in the night, but there is probably a simple explanation.

This has been done before, trust me, I'm not making this up.

OP says he has only had his number 3 months. More than likely, the carrier has recycled a number, and given it to OP. Steve Madsen didn't pay his bill or something, may have had a burner phone.

Steve has had some domestic issues, and his GF/wife has taken his phone or his list of contacts to her attorney who is calling all the contacts to see how they relate to Steve.

Ideally, the atty. would have given his name, but he identified himself as an atty. OP should have the number that called, and a Google search should show whose number it is, if it is an atty.

Obviously, the caller had the number before making the call, so no information was given in that regard. He has found at that it is an active number, which is no big deal. OP didn't provide any personal information.

Bottom line is I wouldn't worry about it, unless your life is so simple you just need something to worry about.

I still have both of my iPAQs, with the CF memory sleeve and a syncing cradle.
Rememeber Newton and Palm Pilot? Treo?
I was an early adopter of the Treo 600 if memory serves. The chickees in the Chicago bars would flock to you when they saw a color screen on your phone. Before that I made a cable that allowed me to connect the IPAQ to Sprint's CDMA network via a Motorola Timeport and use the fully enabled web browser. Sprint shut that shyte down quick. Took them about a year to figure out what we were doing, LOL.

Back
Top Bottom