• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sorting Brass

MIDWAY, sells a set of aluminum sorter plates well worth the price, they fit into a 5 gallon bucket...

We have three sets so a few buddies get together and we have a brass sorting party, smoke ribs, butts, and picnic ham, and have a cook out.

Gets a lot done and everyone gets a great meal too...

Then get the progressive moving also...

just a simple suggestion...

Ended up making a little rectangular "box" out of wood that I stand the brass up in. This allows me to see the larger opening for the .308 and I pull them out first. Then I can go by height and pull the slightly taller .260 brass second. Then one final check to be sure what's left is all the same height and I dump the remainder in the 6.5 pile. Not the fastest solution but it was free and I'm about a third of the way through it now. Managing to go through a 5 gal bucket in a little over an hour, depending on the variation once I get a pile standing in my little jig. Went through 5 buckets yesterday and I'm almost at the bottom of the 32 gal trash can...then on to the 55 gal drum. My be aggressive, but my goal is to be finished with it all by Tue of next week. Already have most of the 6.5 spoken for, but will have plenty 260 and 308 ready to sell here shortly so anyone who is interested in buying either can feel free to go ahead and hit me up now and reserve what you want.

Here is the deal I made to sort them out with.

cb889c03ac169bd28f353b623778f4ee.jpg

Sell it all at a really good price and let the buyer sort it. I have sorted many thousands of pieces of mixed brass and it ain't fun. Even sorting a couple of buckets of mixed pistol and rifle brass with a sorter is a pain.

I sure wished you had came across this treasure trove months ago. I had been needing 260 brass and couldn't find any but expensive norma and nosler for sale. I finally got a deal with nosler a couple of months back, so I am really pretty much set for awhile.

Back
Top Bottom