• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

'splain it to me Lucy.

Explain like im 5.

1) The internet whore Google is collecting serial numbers from firearms. I'm not a tech person so I can not explain how.
2) You post a picture of a firearm and the serial number is visible a person with low or no ethics can fill out a bogus bos then report the gun stolen and say he has seen it for sale on a website. The chances of the owner not being able to provide proper documentation of ownership in a state like Georgia is fairly high I would think. You now have a legal battle on your hands. Not saying this is common but it can happen. Why put yourself through this when it is easily avoidable?

1) The internet whore Google is collecting serial numbers from firearms. I'm not a tech person so I can not explain how.
2) You post a picture of a firearm and the serial number is visible a person with low or no ethics can fill out a bogus bos then report the gun stolen and say he has seen it for sale on a website. The chances of the owner not being able to provide proper documentation of ownership in a state like Georgia is fairly high I would think. You now have a legal battle on your hands. Not saying this is common but it can happen. Why put yourself through this when it is easily avoidable?
Fair enough, however I doubt anyone on ODT is that ****ed up.

Personally I cover them for similar reasons as mentioned above. I'd share with potential buyers here via PM, but I see no need to broadcast any specifics to the world. We see stories on crooks and evil doers all the time, so why give them anything to start with? I consider it confidential like name, address and bank account numbers. Perhaps I am overly cautious though.....

Back
Top Bottom