• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Spongy/Soft brakes

And ya, you need to find a new greasemonkey
I've always been my own grease monkey. They were probably offended when I told them all I wanted was the brakes/ABS module bled on a scanner to ensure air was out. They were trying to upsell me on other stuff before I had even brought the truck in. When I picked it up they said, "yeah we bled them, but it didn't fix it. We don't know what the problem is since you wouldn't allow a diagnostic."

That may be true, but it wouldn't have killed them to point at it, call me a dumb ass, take my money and give a smug smile as I walked out the door. Better than lying to my face.

I've always been my own grease monkey. They were probably offended when I told them all I wanted was the brakes/ABS module bled on a scanner to ensure air was out. They were trying to upsell me on other stuff before I had even brought the truck in. When I picked it up they said, "yeah we bled them, but it didn't fix it. We don't know what the problem is since you wouldn't allow a diagnostic."

That may be true, but it wouldn't have killed them to point at it, call me a dumb ass, take my money and give a smug smile as I walked out the door. Better than lying to my face.
It is a struggle finding someone to work on your cars when you usually DIY.
Too bad they couldn't just be straight up with you.

Well thanks for talking me off the ledge, fellas. I swapped out the MC last night. Bench bled it, and then a full system bleed, and WOW! what a difference! I was actually able to get my ABS to kick in on a paved road slamming them on. I was not able to do that the day or two prior.

Well thanks for talking me off the ledge, fellas. I swapped out the MC last night. Bench bled it, and then a full system bleed, and WOW! what a difference! I was actually able to get my ABS to kick in on a paved road slamming them on. I was not able to do that the day or two prior.

That's awesome! Feels great when you can fix something and not spend a lot of money doing it also!

Just to make myself feel better I called the dealer for a quote on all the same work... Dealer quote was $1,963 for parts and $630 for labor. I spent $978 for everything which was:

2 Calipers
4 Premium rotors
pads
parking brake shoes
brake fluid
master cylinder
oil and filter
tire rotation
$130 DIY lessons learned charge

So even including the mess up of taking it to be bled I saved $1,615.

dude....if you did all the work yourself and only went to him to bleed the brakes...I doubt he will care, probably say .....oh nevermind
sometimes its nice letting a liar know that you know. and I've been there before in a pinch when I had absolutely no time. Also, they over-torqued my bleeder nipples too I found out last night when bleeding them. Almost stripped one. I'll just never trust those places to do a quality job.

Back
Top Bottom